ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR FOR WIFE BUT I AM NOT WORKING AND SHE IS????

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satz52
Newly Registered

Post by satz52 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:45 pm

hello guys,
i need a bit of help and advice from you experienced people if you could.

i called my wife and she had entry clearance on spouse visa for 22 months in 2011. now we have to submit her ILR application in couple of months we both are working full time and we both have secure and permanent jobs but now unfortunately i am nor able to work since last 2 weeks as i had a stroke.
my question is would it affect on our application that I am not working now as a sponsor for my wife but she is working full time and paying taxes since the day she came.we have all records.also we are not claiming any public funds as we are aware that it can affect the outcome of the application and we have no problems showing the savings.
if any of you guys been in the similar situation or have experience in regards to our circumstances any advice would be helpful. i really appreciate and thank you for your time in advance.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Did you leave your job or you booked in sick?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

satz52
Newly Registered

Post by satz52 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:04 pm

no i did not leave the job yet but will be off sick for a while and may be getting ssp which is only around £82 a week until i recover but don't know how long will that take. would that sought of money is enough to show immigration that i can support my wife. thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Income Protection

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:07 pm

You should be fine then. However, If you got any Income Protection Policy that should do more favor. Check with your employer if you got one. Please bear in mind not many employers do reveal about this policy as employees could misuse it.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

satz52
Newly Registered

Post by satz52 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:45 pm

thank you so much for your time and advice i really appreciate it.you have been really kind and great help.
regards