ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP query - Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keepsim

BRP query - Urgent

Post by keepsim » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi

I am applying for SET O (hsmp+t1) in next 2 days at PEO crydon , my wife is T-1 dependent and her visa expires same time as mine Jan 15. So I am applying for FLR-M applying for her , I have booked her appointment next week but I have just been reading form/forum.

Q1. Do I need to submit my BRP along with her FLR-M applicataion ?
As I read in forum BRP card is usually delivered in 1 week time ? This leaves me in a tight situation as I would not be left with much time to get her PEO appointment.

Q2. Is there any way we can request BRP to be given at same day / pay more to fast track/ submit excuse if I dont get my BRP until next week ?

Thanks in advance

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:41 pm

1.You can use the approval letter and a covering letter explaining the situation.

2. Not that I know off.

However, out of curiosity, why is your wife not applying with you?
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

keepsim

Post by keepsim » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:You can use the approval letter and a covering letter explaining the situation.

However, out of curiosity, why is you wife not applying with you?
Thanks , sorry to be asking again are you 100% sure about it Q1 ?

By Jan 2013 when her visa expires she should would not have completed 2 yrs so as I understand one cant apply for ILR until you have spent 2 yr.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:06 pm

See second para with 2 bullet points :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/

Also, in this topic, scroll down and view what Greenie wrote.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=119770
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Regarding your Q2 :

BRPs are not processed at PEO so no, you cannot fast track it for pick up on the day. As advised, your approval letter and a letter of explanation will be enough.

Thanks

Char
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:39 pm

keepsim wrote:Thanks , sorry to be asking again are you 100% sure about it Q1 ?
FLR(M) wrote:Note 6
If you are unable to provide your passport or travel document, you may only submit other evidence of your nationality in certain circumstances.
These circumstances are;
• Where your passport has been lost or stolen
• Where your passport has expired and been returned to the relevant authorities, or
Where the passport is with another part of the UK Border Agency.
Page 39
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates