ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport after naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

altfhn
Bangladesh

British Passport after naturalization

Post by altfhn » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Any moderator or any member please help me on following issue, would be very much appreciated.

I am applying for my first British passport after naturalization.

I have completed form and sign & date on 19 Dec and counter signatory sign and date on 19 Dec.

But my naturalization ceremony happened on 21 Dec and on Certificate issue date is 21 Dec.

Do you think, it would be problem and will they refuse it? or will they ask me to fill another form without losing the fees?

Anyone knows same experience please share, and advise me what should I do?

Thanks so much for your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:28 pm

I would personally complete the relevant pages of the form and get referee to sign again and yourself to sign again so that the date of your application form is after your certificate date.

Thanks

Char
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

solospy
Member of Standing

Re: British Passport after naturalization

Post by solospy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:37 am

altfhn wrote:Any moderator or any member please help me on following issue, would be very much appreciated.

I have completed form and sign & date on 19 Dec and counter signatory sign and date on 19 Dec.

But my naturalization ceremony happened on 21 Dec and on Certificate issue date is 21 Dec.

Do you think, it would be problem and will they refuse it? or will they ask me to fill another form without losing the fees?

My ceremony was on 5th december and i got it countersigned by my referee on 1st december but it wasent a problem.

My passport application was processed without any delay.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: British Passport after naturalization

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 am

altfhn wrote:Any moderator or any member please help me on following issue, would be very much appreciated.

I would suggest you contact IPS. I had a query on my passport application and they were very helpful.