ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India Tourist Visa - Previous travel & Photo requirement

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abig234
Newly Registered

India Tourist Visa - Previous travel & Photo requirement

Post by abig234 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:32 am

Hi,

I have recently got my british passport and surrendered the Indian passport and now am looking to apply for a tourist visa to India.

I have two queries here. Appreciate if someone can help pls -

1. Submitted the online form along with scanned version of photograph. But I am unable to print the same photo. Can the photo I submit through online application be different from the photo actually pasted on the form? [Same person photo, only thing is the photographs are different :) ]

2. On the application form, there is a question, "Have you ever been to India before"... Now considering I had Indian citizen then obvious answer I can think of is "Yes"... but then it ask for previous visa details that makes me think they may be talking about previous visits not as Indian, i.e. on Visa. And so I should say - NO, as answer to this question.
Can someone pls advise?

Regards

ban.s

Re: India Tourist Visa - Previous travel & Photo require

Post by ban.s » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:31 pm

abig234 wrote:Hi,

2. On the application form, there is a question, "Have you ever been to India before"... Now considering I had Indian citizen then obvious answer I can think of is "Yes"... but then it ask for previous visa details that makes me think they may be talking about previous visits not as Indian, i.e. on Visa. And so I should say - NO, as answer to this question.
Can someone pls advise?

Regards
Yes, and visa details NA (mention you were an Indian citizen before)

imranb

Re: India Tourist Visa - Previous travel & Photo require

Post by imranb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:59 pm

ban.s wrote:
abig234 wrote:Hi,

Can someone pls advise?

Regards
Yes, and visa details NA (mention you were an Indian citizen before)
Ban.s: There is no option to say NA in the visa details. You cannot submit and print the application without chosing a visa category.
Abig234: Can you please advise how you finally managed this tricky question in the visa form?

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:19 pm

This according to me has to be answered 'No' , as you are now applying for the first time with that passport and as a British....so if you have ever travelled before on Visa to India then only you shoud answer Yes.

You have to submit 'surrender' certificate with the application, so they would be aware that you were an Indian before so obviously you must have travelled to India in the past.