ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Father ILR card with MN1 form?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adnanmirza

Father ILR card with MN1 form?

Post by adnanmirza » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm

hi
Can you please tell do I (father) need to submit my passport or ILR card with the childs MN1 form?

I got my ILR card in Dec 2012 and now planning to apply for my child using MN1 in Jan 2013. It is not stated in the form to attach these but I have read some members are saying that father needs to send his ILR card or passport

I was on Tier 1 general before getting ILR. My child (born in UK) is on dependant visa which expires is 13 Jan 2013. I did not apply for my child ILR with me. Do I need to send MN1 before 13 Jan 2013? or is it ok to send it after this date also?

N.B : I am planning to send the application via post without using NCS

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:22 am

Hi Adnanmirza

I think it will be easy for you if you submit your son application via NCS as they will check and inform you whether you need to send ur ILR Card or not.

If they need you to send,they will photocopy your ILR card and will photocopy all documents related to your son application and will send to home office.

The other option is you can get ur ilr card, ur passport and ur son passport attested by solicitor-I mean the photocopy and send it to Home office by secured special recorded delivery.

Regards
Jaffar

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:05 am

thanks for the reply. The only problem with NCS is that my child current leave (Tier 1 General dependant) will expire before the NCS appointment

My child was born in UK. Will that be a problem if i apply via NCS after her current leave is expired?
Will he will be considered as overstayer?

thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:28 am

adnanmirza wrote:thanks for the reply. The only problem with NCS is that my child current leave (Tier 1 General dependant) will expire before the NCS appointment

My child was born in UK. Will that be a problem if i apply via NCS after her current leave is expired?
Will he will be considered as overstayer?

thanks
Child will be considered overstayer but the immigration status has no affect on applications made by UK born children so it doesn't matter.

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 am

Hi Adnan

You also got reply from our senior member Jambo for whom I have lot of respect.

Go ahead and apply for your son Application and good luck and relax.

Jaffar

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:49 pm

thanks. Based on your feedback, I shall apply via NCS and don't worry about visa expiry and overstayer

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I apply via NCS and it is the easiest to do.

Good Luck

Jaffar