ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - One of the Passport Lost

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

minigiant
Newly Registered

ILR - One of the Passport Lost

Post by minigiant » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Dear All,

I am currently filling out the form for SET(O). The application process is definitely stressful and thanks for the support so far.

While filling the SET(O) form (section 11A) stated that I need to submit any previous passports or travel documents I have held during my stay in the UK.

My history is as below:

Sep 1997 to Feb 2004 - Student Visa
Feb 2004 to December 2008 - Work Permit
Dec 2008 to now - Tier 1 General

Therefore, I am applying ILR (WP+Tier 1 General Visa) for continously staying for 5 years. However, I discovered that I lost my passport (may be lost during moving to different parts of the UK over the years) which covers period between 1997 and 1999.

Will my application be rejected as I cannot supply my passport cover the period between 1997 and 1999? Do I need to report to the Police?

Note: I do have my original entry permit reference number from UKBA since 1997.

Sincerely
Minigiant

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi,

I am applying next month for ILR and lost my passport too 3 years back in UK itself. So I applied for a new passport at indian consulate in edinburgh and then applied for a visa stamping with home office.

The docs I will be submitting:-

1.Police certificate, when I contacted police at the time
2.Copy of Old Lost Passport
3.Letter from Home office I received when the visa was stamped in the new passport.

Questions:-

Where was your passport lost? If UK, then you should have Police certificate, I dont think they will provide you with a PC now.
Have you not got photocopy of the lost passport? Worth checking your employer/university if they still have them on records.

Hope this helps

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Don't worry about that far (1999). Only past 5 years coverage should be sufficient with respect to passport. If asked, be honest and say the truth. I am sure a lot of people don't always remember where their passports from early years are.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

minigiant
Newly Registered

Post by minigiant » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks again wpilr_nov12

I forgot to mention that I will be applying via post. I will state clearly on my cover letter regarding the passport.