ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap between visits - General visitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hiteshtuteja

Gap between visits - General visitor

Post by hiteshtuteja » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi

My mother got a 2 year general visitor visa in November this year. Its a multiple entry visa and the duration says 180 days.

She came to UK in mid November and now we will all travel back to India for 3 weeks starting first week of Feb. This means she would have already spent 2.5 months in the UK.

I have a few queries about her next visit to UK:

1. Can she come back to the UK with me or should she spend more time in India before her next visit?

2. If she needs to spend more time in India, how much would be minimum before her next visit to UK?

3. I remember reading it somewhere that there is a guideline on the ukba site that you shouldn't be spending more than 6 months in the UK in a 12 month period. However, after extensive search on the UKBA site, I couldn't find this guideline anywhere. Can someone please point me to the link on the UKBA site?

Note that before this visa, she had received family visitor visa twice for 6 months each and she had never overstayed.

Thanks
H

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:48 pm

hiteshtuteja

Post by hiteshtuteja » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks for this ban.s. This is helpful. However, on reading this again, I realized that this is about the ECO assessing whether or not to grant a visa.

I am more concerned about what would happen when my mother comes to the UK. Will the officer at the immigration checkpoint create any issues if she has spent only 3 weeks in India between her first visit to the UK (2.5 months) and the next one planned for around 5 months (reflected in the ticket that she will be carrying)