ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRL success at Croydon 27/12/2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chxly
Newly Registered

IRL success at Croydon 27/12/2012

Post by chxly » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:25 pm

I am a regular reader here and it is time for me to share my experience.
I have granted ILR at croydon on 27/12/2012 including 1 dependant.
My appointment was at 9.00.We reach around 8.45. Initial check at ground floor for a token number then directed to first floor for payment.
9.25 a caseworker took our passports application form then he entered some details and after that Biometric done.
9.55 our token number called at window 22,our caseworker was a young lady she told me give all documents except your token number and I gave her the documents and a set of all photocopies. Then we were waiting in the waiting area.
12:00 After 2 hours waiting, she called me and return all the documents.She said THAT'S ALL DONE FOR YOU and you will receive your Biometric cards within 5 working days. I can't believe it!
I thanks her so much. During 2 hours waiting, I saw she went to a senior caseworker with our police registration letter. Not sure why? She went to consult senior caseworker a few times (maybe inexperienced?) but no single question asked.

Documents submitted
1. PEO appointment letter copy
2. Application form SET (O) version 07/2012
3. New and old passports, both myself and partner
4. 2 photographs for each member with the full names on the back
5. 12 months recent pay slips
6. 12 months recent bank statements
7. Life in the UK test pass notification for myself and my partner
8. WP Approval Letter for me
9. 5 years P60s for me
10. Employment letter
11. Absence table
12. Police registration letter for myself and my partner
13. Marriage certificate
14. Property registered title (joint)
15. 3 years council tax bills (joint)
16. 3 years mortgage statements (joint)

I was on 5 years WP and applied exactly 28 days before our visa expired date. I had asked my employer to write an absence letter and HR provided it. But I was gutted to find out one trip in the table was wrong on Christmas day!! It was my fault and did not check the letter properly. I cannot get another letter since my appointment was 27/12/12. I decided to use the old version form because absence letter was not a required document. So I replaced my document "11" as a list of absence table instead a letter from employer. Glad I did go ahead and the old form was fine and absence letter did not require at all.

Absences:I have ~ 120 days and the longest trip was 60 days (personal holiday). All my absence either business or paid leave. No convictions. I took a lot of other documents but no need. No single document asked for my wife apart from documents "14-16" with her name).

All and all, thanks a lot for this forum.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Heartiest ongratulations CHXLY. Good every thing went off well.

Is it possible to to provide the format of the Absence Table and Employer's Letter( Details Not required)

Thank you in advance.

chxly
Newly Registered

Post by chxly » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks Kevin 24.

I have used the template in this forum. See below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I can confirm that XX has been employed full time with XX as a Engineer since XXX. XX has been required to travel overseas occasionally to fulfil the duties of his employment; however, I can confirm that he has remained an employee in the United Kingdom throughout this period.

His position with the Company is permanent and his current salary is £XX per annum, which is in excess of £XX with job code XX for Engineer of the salary guidance set out in the Standard Occupation Codes of Practice published by the UK Border Agency. The above mentioned code and job title have been chosen to reflect the closet match to XX’s current designation and associated job responsibilities.

XXX’s services as an employee are still required and he will continue to remain employed with XXX in the foreseeable future.

If you require any further information, please contact me on the details above or alternatively you can email me at XX@XX.

Yours faithfully

XXX
Human Resources

The absence table I made was very simple. I listed one trip here.

No. Date left the UK Date Returned to the UK Destination Absent date Reason for Absence Type of Trip

1 2010-02-12 2010-02-23 US 10 Secondment Business

Total absence 120

Good luck for everyone who will reply ILR in the future!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Thank You chxly. You are a Good Man.Greatly appreciated.

All the best for all your future endevours.

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly?
Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....