ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advise need

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bt

advise need

Post by bt » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:48 pm

hi
can someone advise as i was on Holiday maker visa when i entered in uk. after that i got Tier1 and now i am completing my 5 years next month as
my job title is a editor. but i am little bit confuse on section 5 as my job is different so shall i fill SOC code

please advise if this option i need to fill also.

thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:21 pm

It says "You must complete ALL four of the boxes below if you are applying as a Work Permit Holder; a Tier 2 (General) or a Tier 2
(Intra Company Transfer) Migrant – (Your employer will be able to provide you with these details)"

You have said that you hold a Tier-1 visa, so it doesn't apply to you.

bt

re ILR

Post by bt » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:34 pm

[thanks for your advise
can you please tell me what should i put then as i am still wroking as a editor but this category already closed for new migrants. can you plesae take second. as my case is next week.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:37 pm

You don't need to put anything in this section. Just skip these questions as they don't apply to you.

bt

Post by bt » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:42 pm

thanks for your advise
just one more query. can you plesae advise if Editor cartegory still vaild for ILR application. becasue this has been closed now

thanks again

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:15 pm

bt wrote:can you plesae advise if Editor cartegory still vaild for ILR application. becasue this has been closed now
bt, I'm reading this conversation and the statement you have made doesn't make sense. At least to me, because there is no Immigration category called "Editor".

Have you read the SET(O) form and associated guidance to understand who can use that form to apply for ILR? If not, that would be the best place to start. Read the form carefully, to understand which sections you should fill based on the immigration category you will be applying under. Not all sections apply to everyone. One such example is the SOC code you were referring to before.