ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependents Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sagiloyal
Newly Registered

ILR Dependents Query

Post by sagiloyal » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Dear All,

I am Raju, and i need some help regarding my ILR application. I am eligible for my ILR in Feb 2013. I have 2 queries.

1.) I got married in march 2009 and my wife joined me here in UK in August 2009. She stayed with me and she went to holiday to India to do some course during period from Jan 2011 to sep 2011. She joined me again in sep 2011 and she is with me again. But I am not sure if she is eligible for PR as dependent or not as she stayed for 8 months in India. As I am not sure if she has to stay with me continuously for 2 years or this 8 months is not acceptable ? Although she is in India for 8 months to learn a course she is having valid visa on her passport.

2.) Recently we are blessed with Baby boy in the month of october 2012. I got his birth details registered but not sure if I have to apply for indian passport or wait untill Feburvary to get my PR visa done and apply British citizen ship directly for my son ??? I am not sure we should apply for Indian passport compulsory or not or can I get my PR done first and is that can I apply for his citizenship directly with out any Indian passport ?

Please kindly advice on my above 2 queries.

Many Thanks.
Raju.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:23 pm

1. What are your wife's visa dates (start finish etc)

2. Your son doesn't need to have a ( Indian or any other ) passport for the Mn1 form route up BC
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:56 am

and also type of visa she is holding ..
Check this might be helpful for your first query.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 0&start=20

sagiloyal
Newly Registered

ILR Dependents Query

Post by sagiloyal » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:15 am

Many Thanks for your response.
She is Holding Tier 1 General Dependent.

1.) My wife initial visa dates are 13th AUG 2009 TO 10th June 2012.
Extension dates are 25th June 2012 to Current period. she spent 8 months in India during initial visa period. In June 2012 she went to India where I got my visa extended in June 2012 here in UK just for myself and she again got her extension in India in June. But her initial visa expired on 10th June 2012 and she got her visa extended in India on 25th June. so there is a 15 days break in continuity of her visa.

2.) So do you suggest there is no need to apply Indian passport for my Son ? After my ILR visa can I directly apply for his Nationality ? I didnt understand about MN1 FORM.

I do respect for all efforts to answer my queries.

Many Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Raju.