ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation Evidence for wife !!!URGENT!!! Set(O), Tier(1)G

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

matiq

Cohabitation Evidence for wife !!!URGENT!!! Set(O), Tier(1)G

Post by matiq » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:21 am

Hi Guys,

I am sorry if I am repeating this!

Background:
My and my Mrs (As my dependent) got entry clearance as HSMP in FEB 2008 for 2 years, then again in FEB 2010 My and my Mrs (again as my dependent) got LLR (Ext) as Tier(1) General for 3 years. We are now going for ILR using form Set(o) in end JAN 2013 on PEO Solihull:

I have allot of documents/letters in my name but not enough for mrs!

Q1: Do I need to provide cohabitation evidence immediately before ILR i.e. feb 2011 to feb 2013 OR soon after my LLR i.e. feb 2010 to feb 2012?

I purchased this house on shared ownership under my name only and Me, my wife and 2 kids are living together at same address since last 2 years. I am preparing for last 2 years and for now I have following Evidences:

Joint Names:
1 - Joint Bank Account Statements - (From Sep 12 to Jan 13)
2 - Annual Council Tax (2) in Joint names - (Mar 11 and March 12)
3 - Misc Letters Addressed to Parents of (my daughter and son) - ( Oct 12 & Apr 12)

Mrs Name (Same Address):
1 - Bank Statements for whole 2 years- (From Jan 11 to Dec 12)
2 - Catalog Invoice - ( Sep 12 to Jan 13)
3 - Poll Card - Nov 12
4 - NHS Reg/Letters - (Feb 11, Aug 11, Sep 11, Jan 12, Mar 12, Nov 12 & Dec 12)
5 - Enhanced CRB - Dec 11
6 - OFSTED Letters - (Oct 11, Feb 12 & Mar 12)

My Name (Same Address):
1 - NHS Reg letter - Feb 11
2 - Poll Card - Nov 12
3 - Bank Statements for whole 2 years- ( From Jan 11 to Dec 12)
3 - Another Bank Statement - (From Jan 12 to Dec 12)
4 - Misc Bank Statement for some months of 2011
5 - Misc Elec and Gas Bills Spread-ed over 2011 and 2012
6 - Rent Letters from Council as it is shared poverty (Mar 11 and Mar 12)
7 - Annual TV License (Feb 11 and Feb 12)

AM I PROVIDING ENOUGH Cohabitation Evidence???

Any comments, guidance will be much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:43 am

You need to prepare cohab documents for last two years preceding your application. On your case if application date is 31st JAN then documents you need to prepare 1st FEB 2011- 31st JAN 2013. Joints name is good but not necessary. Seperate name documents but same address will do. You need 6 documents from 3 type of different sources. You can get better idea from SET M form page 27.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:28 am

I think you should be ok with these documents for cohab , there is no need to prepare documents for two years preceding to the application
If you have cohab documents for Two years (need not be continues)then that would suffice.
you can refer following link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

matiq

Post by matiq » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks Guys! Your comments are appreciated!

I have found some more IMP Cohabitation Letters in Mrs Names:

Mrs Name (Same Address):
7 - Catalog Invoice - (From Mar 11 to Dec 12)
8 - Driving License when moved in this house (Feb 11)
9 - Driving Theory Test Pass Certificate (Feb 12)

I think I am providing enough letters in individual names to prove cohabitation. Can someone reinforce it to boost my confidence???

Lastly, I DO NOT agree that you should get the guidance of Cohabitation from form SET(M) for form SET(O) because they do not say how many proves you submit but they do ask for 2 years. So, I do not agree with this 6 proves theory for SET(O) - Can someone from moderate's OR Guru's confirm this???

Regards

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:41 am

matiq wrote: Lastly, I DO NOT agree that you should get the guidance of Cohabitation from form SET(M) for form SET(O) because they do not say how many proves you submit but they do ask for 2 years. So, I do not agree with this 6 proves theory for SET(O) - Can someone from moderate's OR Guru's confirm this???

Regards
There are Immigration Rules, Policies and Guidances.

And there are actual people with actual experiences.

But it would be wise to take note of others' experience on this question, because ultimately, if the goal is to secure ILR, then proving/disproving the validity of some requirement to get to that goal is just a distraction.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.