ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric letter for applicants applied in December

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alik28

Biometric letter for applicants applied in December

Post by alik28 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi,

please update if someone has applied in december and recieved there biometric letter. I sent my application on 11/12/2012 and fee has been deducted on 14th but did not recieve biometric letter yet. just getting worried. please update people.

Many Thanks

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: Biometric letter for applicants applied in December

Post by tuliprose » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:19 pm

alik28 wrote:Hi,

please update if someone has applied in december and recieved there biometric letter. I sent my application on 11/12/2012 and fee has been deducted on 14th but did not recieve biometric letter yet. just getting worried. please update people.

Many Thanks

Hello

You should not worry at all as the fees has been deducted. You will receive your biometric letter soon.

kashnex

Post by kashnex » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:13 am

Many Thanks
HI
one of my friend has also applied on 11/12/12 and hasn't received biometric letter but have received an acknowledgement
all the best
Regards

alik28

Post by alik28 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:23 am

I don't understand the way UKBA work. They are taking so long to process the application without understandig the fact that many applicants have got plans to put in place but are stuck because of visa, honestly so annoying.

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 am

alik28 wrote:I don't understand the way UKBA work. They are taking so long to process the application without understandig the fact that many applicants have got plans to put in place but are stuck because of visa, honestly so annoying.
I am also in the same boat. Applied on 10th December, received the only acknowledgement now...

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 pm

applied 11/12/12
biomet leeter received today

razi1234
- thin ice -

bio

Post by razi1234 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:22 pm

adilzia wrote:applied 11/12/12
Hi.any one else got biometric letter who applied after 10 December.plz update.only adilzia gte or some one else as well.I n on same boat.no bio metric letter yet
RAZI

razi1234
- thin ice -

biometric

Post by razi1234 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:16 pm

hi any 1 who applied in december and got bio mtrc letter plz update,
RAZI

razi1234
- thin ice -

bio

Post by razi1234 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:39 am

hi all,
any one who applied in mkid of december 2012 has got their biometric letter plz update ,,,i have not got bio metric letter yet.or any one can give me number where we can call and ask about biometrfic letter ,regards
RAZI

xtong
Newly Registered

No bio letter

Post by xtong » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Applied on 10/12, haven't received bio letter.

My visa expired on 30/12. Without a valid visa, no one is willing to give me work. Really frustrated. Not sure how long I can endure. :(

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi xtong,

Have you received the Acknowledgment letter yet? basically that what you need to show to your employer that your application is under process with ukba and your last leave to remain was PSW etc and you are entitled to work under the category of expired visa until you received the decision on your application.

Also you can print this information from ukba website and show it to your employer. here is the link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/ (at very bottom of the page it say: what is my statues while my application is decided)

hope it help

regards

Rehan

xtong
Newly Registered

Post by xtong » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:13 am

rehan01 wrote:Hi xtong,

Have you received the Acknowledgment letter yet? basically that what you need to show to your employer that your application is under process with ukba and your last leave to remain was PSW etc and you are entitled to work under the category of expired visa until you received the decision on your application.

Also you can print this information from ukba website and show it to your employer. here is the link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/ (at very bottom of the page it say: what is my statues while my application is decided)

hope it help

regards

Rehan

Hi Rehan,
Thanks for your reply. I have shown them this, but they said because they didn't know how long my PSW was extended, they couldn't give me the job.

It is so frustrating!

Xin

hham1224

Re: bio

Post by hham1224 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 pm

razi1234 wrote:
adilzia wrote:applied 11/12/12
Hi.any one else got biometric letter who applied after 10 December.plz update.only adilzia gte or some one else as well.I n on same boat.no bio metric letter yet
i have applied it on 12/12/12, still waiting...:s

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 pm

This is crazy .... by Law your previous status is valid and you are legally allowed to work till your Tier 1 application is decided.

didn't you received the acknowledgement letter yet ? you can show that to your employer.

also this is a service which your employer can use to check your status that are your legally allowed to work or not.

here is the link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... /ecsstep2/

hope it help

regards

Rehan

xtong wrote:

hope it help

regards

Rehan

Hi Rehan,
Thanks for your reply. I have shown them this, but they said because they didn't know how long my PSW was extended, they couldn't give me the job.

It is so frustrating!

Xin

kashnex

Post by kashnex » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:21 pm

kashnex wrote:

Many Thanks
HI
one of my friend has also applied on 11/12/12 and hasn't received biometric letter but have received an acknowledgement
all the best
Regards
HI just another update for my friend who applied on above date hasn't received bio letter so far.... so be patients guys hope you guys will receive soon
all the best every one
Regards
Kash

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Rehan, do you know what the situation might be for Tier 4 students?

I tried UKBA and they informed me that my working rights will be the same as if during my studies. It's a bit ridiculous since this means I have to follow my former school schedule and can only work part time -- even though I've completed my studies... :?

According to them it seems the full-time work allowance only lasted from the completion of studies until the expiry of the visa. Mine expires January 31. This is so frustrating! :(

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:41 pm

niomi wrote:

Rehan, do you know what the situation might be for Tier 4 students?

I tried UKBA and they informed me that my working rights will be the same as if during my studies. It's a bit ridiculous since this means I have to follow my former school schedule and can only work part time -- even though I've completed my studies... :?

According to them it seems the full-time work allowance only lasted from the completion of studies until the expiry of the visa. Mine expires January 31. This is so frustrating! :(
Hi Niomi,

Have you completed your studies? if yes than when did you finish? did you get any letter from school that you have completed your studies and waiting for results? the course you were studying was at NQF 7 or above? from your post I guess you were entitled to work part time 20 hours per week?

As far as I know you can work full time if you have visa left and also if you have completed your studies and waiting for results and same applies to holidays in between your course.

but its good to take letter from school confirming you are on holiday from this date to this date etc or you have completed studies and waiting for results.

but as you said you have completed you course and visa running out on 31 so that mean you will still be considered as student till you have decision on your Tier 1 Application.

And if you have completed your course and then logically you are entitled to work full time after that but better to confirm but this is my understanding.

hope it help

regards

Rehan

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:07 pm

rehan01 wrote: And if you have completed your course and then logically you are entitled to work full time after that but better to confirm but this is my understanding.
Thanks for the reply Rehan, I've spoken to UKBA and 1x they told me I can't work; 2x they told me I can only work part time.

I finally saw this on the official website - apparently I CAN work full-time:

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2012-04- ... rights.htm

'If your course is completed and you have applied to remain in the UK under another visa in the points-based system, before your existing permission to stay expires, you are allowed to work full-time until your application is decided.'

I wish they didn't contradict themselves every phone call, it's so frustrating! I'm inclined to go with what the website says...

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Workpermit.com is NOT the official website of Home Office.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:32 am

Yes I agree with therock only trust and follow ind homeoffice ukba website only.www.ukba.homeofficegov.uk

Workpermit.com is the consultant / visa service website so just follow ukba website only.

Regards

Rehan

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 am

rehan01 wrote:Yes I agree with therock only trust and follow ind homeoffice ukba website only.www.ukba.homeofficegov.uk

Workpermit.com is the consultant / visa service website so just follow ukba website only.

Regards

Rehan
Sorry, I've looked on their official site and it states the exact same thing

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... onditions/

Under 'Can you work while you are a Tier 4 (General) student? (Students who applied to us on or after 4 July 2011)'

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 am

Just to update you guys one Successful case .... Friend of mine applied in July got his Visa on 08/01/2013

PSW .... Switch ....... In Country ... Tier 1 Enterpreneur

regards

Rehan

xtong
Newly Registered

Post by xtong » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 am

rehan01 wrote:This is crazy .... by Law your previous status is valid and you are legally allowed to work till your Tier 1 application is decided.

didn't you received the acknowledgement letter yet ? you can show that to your employer.

also this is a service which your employer can use to check your status that are your legally allowed to work or not.

here is the link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... /ecsstep2/

hope it help

regards

Rehan

xtong wrote:

hope it help

regards

Rehan

Hi Rehan,

It is so frustrating!

Xin

Hi Rehan,
They said my situation was very uncertain. They didn't know how long I could work for them.

I am not sure if I can endure 5 months' waiting without a job. I haven't received the bio letter yet!

Xin

razi1234
- thin ice -

biometric

Post by razi1234 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:45 am

hi all.
i have received my biometric letter today. :)
RAZI

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: biometric

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 am

razi1234 wrote:hi all.
i have received my biometric letter today. :)
Congratulation Razil1234

where is mithai? hopefull you will give us good news soon that you got the visa too .

good luck and if you don't mind could you plz post whn did you apply and after how long u received the biometric letter

regards

REhan