ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question About Tier 2 Sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jokira247
Newly Registered

Question About Tier 2 Sponsor

Post by jokira247 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:58 am

I am a tier 4 student currently in my final year towards my bachelor degree and i read about how to switch from tier 4 to tier 2 as i know that post-study-work visa type is no longer available for new applicants but i have a question about the sponsor :

on the web site of ukba they say that :

Assigned a certificate of sponsorship, because:

1) the job has an annual salary of £150,000 or more;
2) the job is on the shortage occupation list;
3) you are moving into Post-study work;
4) your sponsor has completed a resident labour market test (or an exemption applies); or
5) you want to extend your stay and continue working in the same job for the same employer

I don't meet the the requirement for number 1 as i will never find a work that pay this much in my field also my job is not on the shortage list so number 2 is not valid also number 5 is not valid for me as it will be my first time to apple so now i have 3 or 4 :

so for number three what does post-study work means do they refer to the visa category that was cancelled which is the post-study-work visa or they are just saying that if i am going to work after i finish my degree ?

Another question what do number 4 actually means i know that the sponsor must make a test to say that no citizen can work in this position and i am the right person but what does this test involve or how is it done and what are my chances ?

Thanks for help in advance

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:24 am

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:30 pm

Here is the deal. You are on Tier 4 visa and you can work in UK , if you find a job and your employer is willing to issue a Tier 2 sponsorship certificate ( CoS - Certificate of sponsorship). Employers can issue a certificate of sponsorship if your job description meet a minimum threshod salary.
See here : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

So when you are attending an interview, make sure that the company is willing to issue a Tier 2 sponsorship.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:27 pm

jkcool wrote:Here is the deal. You are on Tier 4 visa and you can work in UK , if you find a job and your employer is willing to issue a Tier 2 sponsorship certificate ( CoS - Certificate of sponsorship). Employers can issue a certificate of sponsorship if your job description meet a minimum threshod salary.
See here : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

So when you are attending an interview, make sure that the company is willing to issue a Tier 2 sponsorship.
This is the only way to go about it, I am afraid. It is best to get the ball rolling while you have lots of time left on your Tier 4. Good luck!

Additionally, it must be a skilled role so must meet NQF 6.... but this is a fine point of detail. Basically, it needs to be a graduate-type role which requires a university graduate (with few exceptions).