ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can a tier 4 student become dependant within UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahbazali
- thin ice -

can a tier 4 student become dependant within UK

Post by shahbazali » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 am

My friend is dependant of his wife who is on tier 4. he is planning to go back pk and get tier 1 visa. after that he will come back in uk and apply dependant visa for his wife. Can she switch to a tier 1 dependant within uk.

thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:19 am

No.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:27 pm

Lucapooka wrote:No.
There is possibility to do it in country depending on your circumstances and your needs.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:47 pm

helpingperson wrote:
There is possibility to do it in country depending on your circumstances and your needs.
no there isn't.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:03 pm

Greenie wrote:
helpingperson wrote:
no there isn't.
There is always a way. If this guy needs help, he can contact me. As I said it depends on his/her circumstances, once I know that, then we can say no or yes.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:28 pm

helpingperson wrote:
Greenie wrote:
helpingperson wrote:
no there isn't.
There is always a way. If this guy needs help, he can contact me. As I said it depends on his/her circumstances, once I know that, then we can say no or yes.
You lie

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:28 pm

helpingperson wrote:
Greenie wrote:
helpingperson wrote:
no there isn't.
No there isn't a way. It is clearly written in the Immigration Rules that a Tier 4 Student cannot switch into a being a Tier 1 Dependent whilst in country.

It will be less time consuming and expensive if you wife were to go outside the UK and apply for Tier 1 Dependent.

FYI this would not be an issue for Human Rights.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:43 pm

helpingperson wrote:
Greenie wrote:
helpingperson wrote:
no there isn't.
there is not always a way (which surely you realise yourself having attempted to obtain leave by deception). It is not possible under the rules to switch in country. An attempt to argue the application outside the rules would be expensive, time consuming and highly likely to be unsuccessful, all the while the op's wife would not be on a route to settlement. What possible argument would the op's wife invoke as to why she can't apply from outside the UK? Surely not that she does not want to be separated from from her husband because he will be leaving the UK to apply for his visa? The op has asked a simple question and the simple answer is that the application must be made from outside the UK. Why complicate matters for him just because you have done so for yourself?