ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen or naturalization help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

British Citizen or naturalization help

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:38 am

Hi everyone,

I need help regarding my wife's citizenship, She just received her ILR today,
she was dependent of settle person for two years and before that she was dependent of student for 18 months. I am British now by naturalization and my two kids are British by birth.

My question is Can she apply for naturalization straight away or she has to wait for year on ILR before she applies?

second question is what role of absence apply in her case as I was on ten year long resident when I apply?

Many thanks for reading and thanks in advance to all those going to reply or any help in this matter.

Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:46 am

solospy
Member of Standing

Re: British Citizen or naturalization help

Post by solospy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:52 am

Junaidbinyasin wrote:Hi everyone,

she was dependent of settle person for two years and before that she was dependent of student for 18 months. I am British now by naturalization and my two kids are British by birth.

My question is Can she apply for naturalization straight away or she has to wait for year on ILR before she applies?

second question is what role of absence apply in her case as I was on ten year long resident when I apply?

Many thanks for reading and thanks in advance to all those going to reply or any help in this matter.

Regards
As far as i know, yes your wife can apply for british naturalisation now as any kind of legal stay in the uk as your dependent can be counted towards naturalisation as spouse of settled person. Her absences will be dealt as normal i-e last 3 years residence with max 270 days out of the uk and not more then 90 days in the last year.

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: British Citizen or naturalization help

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:02 pm

solospy wrote:
Junaidbinyasin wrote:Hi everyone,

Regards
As far as i know, yes your wife can apply for british naturalisation now as any kind of legal stay in the uk as your dependent can be counted towards naturalisation as spouse of settled person. Her absences will be dealt as normal i-e last 3 years residence with max 270 days out of the uk and not more then 90 days in the last year.
Many Thanks