ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job title and client

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moazzam7871

Job title and client

Post by moazzam7871 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:57 am

hi everyone,
I am planning to switch from PSW to Entrepreneur visa under £50,000 category. I am going to open management consultant busniess using "Management Comnsultant" job title. For my intial application I will be using contracts with local news agents. Please could you advice me if is it possible to show contracts with local news agents in my visa application or clients should be registered company? Any help will be quite helpful for me. Thanks again for your time for reading my question.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:22 am

What type of consulting service do you actually provide to local newsagents (convenience stores)? What is the extent of the advice you are offering?

moazzam7871

Post by moazzam7871 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks Lucapooka for your reply. I will be providing advise and technical support to struggling businesses (including convenience stores) in helping them to improve and understand/develop their business strategy and procedures, and formulating recommendation on how they can increase their sale and overall financial position by becoming better competitor and also providing advise how they can expand their business further.

Another potential business i was thinking to open is providing accounting services to local news agent. I did accounting degree so i am not qualified accountant. Under accounting service business i will be providing "Accounting Technician" services which falls under NQF 4 level. My services to local convenience stores will include maintaining profit and loss accounts, cash flow forcast, and ensuring accounting records are kept properly and handling other financial matters such as invoices and payments are made on time etc But as i am not qualified accoutant i will not be able to sign Accounts but will be able to prepare them. It will save money for convience stores paying high fees to accountants. However they will still need accountant to sign off accounts after checking them but ofcourse they will charge less as accounts will be already prepared by me.

I am confused which of these business are better to open under Entrepreneur visa rules. Your reply will be helpful. Thanks again

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:54 pm

moazzam7871 wrote:I am confused which of these business are better to open under Entrepreneur visa rules. Your reply will be helpful. Thanks again
What type of business you begin depends entirely on your motivation. If this were a question coming from a settled resident or UK citizen I would expect that the type of business would be one within your professional competence, that had an appropriate demand in the market and would garner a profit for its owners. However, with regard to Tier 1 (ENT) there may be other motivations where none of those factors are relevant or required.

moazzam7871

Post by moazzam7871 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:11 am

Thanks again Lucapooka for your reply. Yes, you are right. So do you think Is it ok to use contracts with a local convenience store for Tier 1 (Entr) initial application under both of these businesses as explained above? Thanks.

whiteroses
BANNED

Re: Job title and client

Post by whiteroses » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:38 am

moazzam7871 wrote:hi everyone,
I am planning to switch from PSW to Entrepreneur visa under £50,000 category. I am going to open management consultant busniess using "Management Comnsultant" job title. For my intial application I will be using contracts with local news agents. Please could you advice me if is it possible to show contracts with local news agents in my visa application or clients should be registered company? Any help will be quite helpful for me. Thanks again for your time for reading my question.
As far as I know, there is no requirement for the clients to be registered companies or businesses. Your contract can be with an individual too.