ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved at Sheffield today (31st Dec)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chiranjeevi
Newly Registered

ILR Approved at Sheffield today (31st Dec)

Post by chiranjeevi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:11 pm

HI All,

I have got my ILR approved today at Sheffield. My appointment was at 9.00 AM. We were at 8.30 AM and allowed inside after the security check. Every thing same as mentioned in various posts and staff were very friendly. All the formalities were over in 1.5 hours.

My timelines (HSMP+Tier1)

Entered UK - 17 Feb 2008
Visa stamped/valid from - 22 Jan 2008
Expiry - 22 Jan 2013
3 breaks with 3 to 4 weeks maximum.
All 5 yrs same company.
I have 3 points on my driving license (speeding penalty) but did not consider. I have also not mentioned the Set(o) form.

I have taken photo copies of payslips, bank statements, other documents and CW had asked about it and mentioned it was helpful. But not mandatory.

Thanks for all the advices and valuable information provided in this site. Kudos to moderators.

I have another appointment at Glasgow 9 AM Monday(7th jan). I will be cancelling at 4.15 PM.Any one looking for appointment can catch at the time.

Thanks,
Chiru.

stokbrig

Re: ILR Approved at Sheffield today (31st Dec)

Post by stokbrig » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:55 pm

chiranjeevi wrote:HI All,

I have got my ILR approved today at Sheffield. My appointment was at 9.00 AM. We were at 8.30 AM and allowed inside after the security check. Every thing same as mentioned in various posts and staff were very friendly. All the formalities were over in 1.5 hours.

Entered UK - 17 Feb 2008
Expiry - 22 Jan 2013
All 5 yrs same company.
I have 3 points on my driving license (speeding penalty) but did not consider. I have also not mentioned the Set(o) form.

I have taken photo copies of payslips, bank statements, other documents and CW had asked about it and mentioned it was helpful. But not mandatory.

Thanks for all the advices and valuable information provided in this site. Kudos to moderators.

I have another appointment at Glasgow 9 AM Monday(7th jan). I will be cancelling at 4.15 PM.Any one looking for appointment can catch at the time.

Thanks,
Chiru.
Congratulationand all the best.
Please advise on the date of traffic offence, is it fixed penality notice or other, went through court or not.and did the case worker ask you about any criminal convection including traffic offences.
Thanks in advance

chiranjeevi
Newly Registered

Post by chiranjeevi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:09 pm

it was on jan 2010 and a fixed penalty. i did not went to court.
CW did not asked anything about any criminal conviction. Infact CW didnot asked anything except all the documents to put it in a folder.

Once I provided all the documents in a folder, he asked to go for payment counter and payment made in credit card using chip and pin.

Waited 10 mins and called for bio metrics. CW called my token num and asked come back after 1 to 1 and half hours.

By the time I came back, CW gave me the good news that my ILR is approved and will receive bio metrics cards in 7 days.

khurramrafiq

Post by khurramrafiq » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Congrats Mate.
Got same dates as you and applying for ILR for on 10th Jan.

Quick questions if you don't mind.
1. For Dependent wife and kids there is only one page on SET(O) FORM, is that all you have to fill? no seperate form required?
2. payslips and bank statements? did you provided for 1 year only? or more than that?
3. Do you need to provide any mortgage letter or any other documents?
4. you must have completed Point based scoring for Section 9, any additional document you attached for that?

I would appreciate your response.

Thanks

anandh79

Re: ILR Approved at Sheffield today (31st Dec)

Post by anandh79 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi,

You mentioned that you entered UK only on 17th Feb 2008. You have not yet completed 5 years.

What is the minimum duration that you can apply before 5 years?

Regards
Anandh.B
chiranjeevi wrote:HI All,

Entered UK - 17 Feb 2008
Expiry - 22 Jan 2013
All 5 yrs same company.

Thanks,
Chiru.

khurramrafiq

Post by khurramrafiq » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:14 am

you can apply only 28 days before expiry of your leave.

Muscovite

Post by Muscovite » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:08 am

28 days before expiry of your leave or 28 days before 5 years since you entered the country (UK)? FAQ states the latter.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:16 am

Muscovite wrote:28 days before expiry of your leave or 28 days before 5 years since you entered the country (UK)? FAQ states the latter.
28days before the 5th anniversary from EC in this case as the OP entered the UK within 3 months of EC.

tahil77
Newly Registered

Post by tahil77 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi Chinajeevi,

I'd be grateful if you can please answer a few questions I have with regards to ILR

- What did you write in the set(o) application form for the question - have you completed five years lawfully in the UK? yes or no. As you applied under the 90 day allowance between date of stamping & arrival.

- What did you fill in the app form question - how many years & months have you been in the UK? did u put 5 years or did u put 4 year 10 months X days?

- Did you explain in the cover letter that you arrived in UK 26 days after VISA stamping?

-You have clearly applied within 28 days of your stamping, how long before did you start looking for appointment?

Please if you can answer these it will be highly appreciated

Thansk
Dilip