ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 dependent Processing times

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukbatier2
Newly Registered

Tier2 dependent Processing times

Post by ukbatier2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi everyone,
Does anyone now what are processing times for Tier2(General) dependent visa?(applying from outside the country)
is it more than month like original Tier2 app or maybe less?
Thanks in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Each regional hub throughout the world has its own time scale for visa processing. You can see the average processing times on the UKBA site.

ukbatier2
Newly Registered

Post by ukbatier2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Each regional hub throughout the world has its own time scale for visa processing. You can see the average processing times on the UKBA site.
I search but couldn't find anything about this particular case

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -students/

here down it says processing times but when I click the link it says pag cannot be found. looks like the link is broken that is why I asked it here

Thanks for your response anyway

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:44 pm

ukbatier2
Newly Registered

Post by ukbatier2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Thanks and one more question if you know can I apply for Tier2(General) for myself and dependent visa for my wife same time. or do I need to get my Tier 2 first and then my wife should apply for her dependent? considering that now I'm in the UK under Tier 2 but different sponsor which I'm going to change and she is in different country?
Thanks again

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:35 pm

You can't apply at the same time in circumstances where you are applying for leave to remain with a new sponsor in the UK, and she is applying for leave to enter from outside the UK. If you need to apply for a new tranche of leave with an new sponsor, you should wait for her to enter under your current leave and then apply together. If this is not possible, she should wait and apply for her visa after your new leave is granted.

ukbatier2
Newly Registered

Post by ukbatier2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You can't apply at the same time in circumstances where you are applying for leave to remain with a new sponsor in the UK, and she is applying for leave to enter from outside the UK. If you need to apply for a new tranche of leave with an new sponsor, you should wait for her to enter under your current leave and then apply together. If this is not possible, she should wait and apply for her visa after your new leave is granted.
I see. Thank you very much for your detailed explanation