ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ROLE in BUSINESS - CLARIFICATION APPRECIATED!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drog1
Newly Registered

ROLE in BUSINESS - CLARIFICATION APPRECIATED!

Post by drog1 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:37 am

Dear fellows especially those who have already applied or were in a similar situation!

Me and my friends have set up an LTD company where I am the only appointed director. It`s an IT Software development Start up where the main part of job is being outsourced. My day to day activities involve business development, finding new clients, networking, doing research etc.

The question is:
1) Given to my daily activities I would probably qualify as either:
- Business Development Manager/Commercial manager/Sales & Marketing manager - SOC 1132

This CODE is under section 'Administrative and support service activities'
At the same time the main type of business of my company is Software development i.e., it falls under section J 'IT'

Wouldn`t it conflict if I select SOC from a different category ( 'Administrative and support service activities') than the nature of a business (IT)

2) Would it be OK to choose SOC as Business Development Manager at all? - as at the guidance under section 115 it says:
'You must show that you have been working in an occupation which appears on the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above, as stated in the Codes of Practice on our website. “Working” in this context means that the core service your
business provides to its customers or clients involves the business delivering a service in an occupation at this level.
It excludes any work involved in administration, marketing or website functions for the business.'

3) Do you know anybody who has ever applied under this SOC?
What was the outcome?

Any though/advice/suggestion is very welcome!

Thank You Very Much for Your Help!
God bless You!

best,
Dan