ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query for Tier 1 dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

query25
Newly Registered

ILR query for Tier 1 dependent

Post by query25 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi,

I need advice on my eligibility for ILR application.

I am currently a dependent on my husband who is on a Tier 1 visa and is applying for his ILR at the end of this month.

I have been living in the UK for over four and a half years. I was on a work permit (since July 2008) for about three years and then switched to the category of Tier 1 dependent visa in May 2011. Although, I have not been on dependent visa for two years but I have been living with my husband for over two years.

Now that my husband is eligible for his ILR, I would like to know if I can apply for my ILR at the same time as him or not.

I would really appreciate if you could share any thoughts on this.
Regards,
Vaiju

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Yes, you can apply with him on the same application form if you have been married and living together for two years in the UK, and now have leave as his dependant. It does not matter that those two years are not entirely with the immigration status as his dependant.

query25
Newly Registered

Post by query25 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:24 pm

Thanks. Much appreciated. Could you also please confirm that I don't need a separate application form and can just apply with my husband who will be applying through SET (0)? Is this correct?

Regards,
Vaiju

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:28 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Yes, you can apply with him on the same application form if you have been married and living together for two years in the UK, and now have leave as his dependant. It does not matter that those two years are not entirely with the immigration status as his dependant.