ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

migration dilemma ... seeking suggestion!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Haider » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:11 pm

Dear all under Tier 4:

My sponsor has lost it's license on November, 2012. Before that, we (~200 students), uncertain of our future, migrated to an approaching new sponsor. Our group transfer application was processed and sent by solicitors on July, 2012. So far we haven't heard anything about our application. We have enrolled to the new college and studying as well. My query is:

Is it OK to travel with the new sponsor's enrolment and holiday letter?
If our transfer application is refused while outside UK, is that going be an issue for re-entering?

any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanx a lot to everyone in this site.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 am

Was your existing tier 4 visa curtailed by the UKBA?

By enrolment letter do you mean a CAS?

If your new application is refused you will have no valid reason entry to the UK.

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Haider » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 am

equitydealer wrote:Was your existing tier 4 visa curtailed by the UKBA?

By enrolment letter do you mean a CAS?

If your new application is refused you will have no valid reason entry to the UK.
thnx Equitydealer for response.

My existing visa was not curtailed.
The enrolment letter is a plain one not CAS.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 pm

My understanding is that there must have been a CAS issued, and that is required for your new visa application. Not sure how a group transfer works, maybe someone else can comment on that.

Either way, travelling outside of the UK without a visa covering your new course will be highly risky until your application has been accepted.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:37 pm

I think you all 200 students need to apply for new visa with new CAS letter issued from new sponsor.

Did you got any letter from UKBA confirming this transfer and your status in UK?

Bear in mind, visa issued by UKBA, not by college and most of private colleges are money making visa factories. So first confirm everything from UKBA.

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Haider » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 pm

thnx again to all:

I had the same understanding that we all need new CAS from our new sponsor and update our status accordingly. But the college used a clause of UKBA guideline which states, ' if one sponsor takes over part of another sponsor, the students under that part don't need to apply fresh'. but we not only changed our sponsor but also courses(same level though, i.e. ACCA to CIMA). enquiry to UKBA resulted nothing as it's not six months yet. travelling is out of question, I accept it. what would be the best next move? just sit tight? bty: none of the 200 students haven't heard anything from ukba, so far. thanx