ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

timeframe to enter UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaggy
Newly Registered

timeframe to enter UK

Post by shaggy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:24 pm

Hi ya'll its been quite a while since i posted here but the good news is i got my EC for 2 yrs. stamped ! now my query is what's the timeframe in which i must enter in the UK ? i sent an email to BDHC and they replied :

" The HSMP approval letter is valid for 6 months within which you should enter the UK.

Hope this should answer your query "

well its a bit confusing because i got my approval on sep. 9th and i got my EC on the 11th of dec.

any thoughts are much appreciated.

olumighty
Newly Registered

Post by olumighty » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:50 pm

Your EC is valid for 2 years hence technically,you can enter UK anytime within that period (but not advisable because the signed an undertaken to make UK your home).Note that it is always better to move to UK as early as possible because of the 5 years countdown for ILR and also getting a job on time to be eligible to the FLR in two years time.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:40 pm

When I got my WP in 2000 after EC I had 6 months to enter the UK in order to enable my WP or my WP would have become invalid... I don't know if that applies to HSMP also...

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:05 am

Hi Folks,

I have the querry on the similar line....

If one gets the HSMP visa stamped on his passport subsequent to the EC,
The two years period of stay starts from the date of arrival in the UK or from the date when your passport got stamped?

Regards,
NNJ10

olumighty
Newly Registered

Post by olumighty » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:37 am

Thetwo years countdown starts from the date your passport got stamped

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:38 am

olumighty wrote:Thetwo years countdown starts from the date your passport got stamped
wrong... the 2 yrs start from the day you enter the UK....

lanr3e

Post by lanr3e » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:55 am

olisun and olumighty,
You are both right! The 2 years start from the date the passport/travel document was endorsed for purpose of establishing how long a person is legally allowed tobe in the UK while the 2years start from the date the individual entered the UK for the purpose of establishing the eligibility of the individual for settlement.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:06 pm

Dear All,

The HSMP visa is stamped for initial 2 Years?
What is the FLR Visa validity, I guess mostly 3 years.

In this case, if somebody reaches UK even the next day when Visa got stamped, he has to go for the second FLR application as it will not complete the full 5 year period.

If this is so, then it is very rediculous, cause the time when you apply for the second FLR, the rules may not be in your favour, as they were the time of the first application... :x

NNJ10

shaggy
Newly Registered

Post by shaggy » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:13 pm

Yeah but lanr3e it does not state that and as per the reply i got frm BHDC they say its 6 months.. i have been to UK before on visit visa a couple of times and in that its clearly written "visa is valid for 6 months" and allowed to enter within 3 months from the date of stamping.

But HSMP EC does not states anything like that.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:24 pm

shaggy wrote:as per the reply i got frm BHDC they say its 6 months
I guess it means you got 6 months after the EC stamping to validate the visa by entering the UK before the 6 months run out, but your time in the UK will start the day you enter the UK