ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moving from Stamp4 to 4EUFam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cocoa123

moving from Stamp4 to 4EUFam

Post by cocoa123 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:18 am

Hi folks, I'm seeking for advise on moving from stamp4 to 4eufam on basis of 'EU citizen household member/permitted relative'.

I'm a non-EU national (former work permit holder), currently on stamp4 that I used to renew every 2 years.
I'm working and also I have a privet medical insurance. I live together with my daughter 22 years old who is EU-citizen. She is full time University student and also has a part-time job. She also has a privet medical insurance.
Now I'm thinking of applying for 4EUFam stamp instead of my current stamp4.
Its free of charge (stamp 4 costs 300 euro now). Its being given for longer period of time etc.

My only concern is that my daughter is financially dependent on me rather I depend on her in current situation. On the other hand, I do not relay on public finances, have medical insurance, already working and paying taxes. Not sure if INIS will consider our situation as EU citizen household member/permitted relative. Any advise welcome. Thanks.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Are you eligible to apply for Irish citizenship?

I ask because citizenship is the solution to all cost and problems in this area.
BL

cocoa123

Post by cocoa123 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:04 pm

not yet

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:52 pm

I suggest that you ask the INIS officer what the situation might be in your case. You may be eligible afterall
Last edited by IntegratedMigrant on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

cocoa123

Post by cocoa123 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:36 pm

she is not irish

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:32 pm

You can try one of two routes.

1. She is your dependent child. In order for her to exercise her rights as an EU citizen, she needs you to work here to provide for her, as she is still a dependent student, regardless of her age. This is a weak arguement.
2. You are her dependent family member. Dependency is not just about earnings - if you have any small disability, you might be dependent on this account, as you need her help with some aspect of life. This also seems a weak arguement, as you have a good job.

You can't try both of the above, as they contradict each other.

Personally speaking I would pay the 300 euro for the stamp four and would not attempt either of the above. Pay for the stamp, and get citizenship when you are eligible. This is simple and easy. If you try the other route and fail, you may delay your eligibility for citizenship. It is tempting to try to save 300 euro, but to lose the stamp four is a loss of much more than 300 euro.
BL

cocoa123

Post by cocoa123 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:33 pm

Brigid from Ireland, you're right. Will just leave it as is as with INIS you never know. :)