ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tourist visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baba_baba

tourist visa

Post by baba_baba » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi,

I hope someone can guide me, I am on workpermit and my leave to remain will expire in 5 months time. Myself and my wife expecting our first baby in March 2013. As I am not a permanent residence, I was told that I can't sponsor my parents to come and visit us during our new baby arrival. This is a very emotional time for my parents as our baby is going to be their first grandson.

My parents have been to the UK in 2006 as tourist to attend my graduation. Can my parents apply for general visit visa and can still mention that they are coming to see our baby? what will be the right form to fill?

I appreciate your kind assistance.

Thank you.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:23 pm

yes, you can invite your parents as general visitor and sponsortheir visit.

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Thank you for your advice. Me having only 5 months left in my leave to expire, will it be an issue?

baba_baba

Re: tourist visa

Post by baba_baba » Sat May 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi

I lost my dad recently.

My mum badly needs a break. I wanted her to come and spend a month with us. She has been to the UK twice as tourist with my dad.

Last two occasions they self sponsored their visit with my brother paying their air ticket. They paid the expenses from their savings and this time she will do the same.

Can visa officer refused her application this time based on that she lost my dad and she may not come back.

I appreciate your advise.

Thank you.