ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timing enquiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP holder
Newly Registered

Timing enquiry

Post by HSMP holder » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:13 pm

Dear all,

Does the five year countdown starts from the date of approval notice or the day of the EC?

Assuming that the countdown starts from the date the EC is stamped, the rules state that in order to get an Indefinite leave, I must spend a continuous period of five yeas in the UK.

So unless I enter the UK under HSMP the day I receive the EC, it is impossible to gain that full five-year period becuase the maximum period for which the HSMP allows is five years. Am I right?

Although they may have allowance, but the rules are very unclear. Some say it's six months, and some say otherwise.

My worry is that if I get my EC today, and enter the UK four months later, and after five years from the date I got the EC (meaning today) I will have stayed in the UK for only 4 years and 8 months and it is impossible to get further extension under HSMP.

I am seeking clarification. Please advice. Thanks

lanr3e

Post by lanr3e » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:33 pm

The count for settlement starts when the visa gets activated i.e. the day you enter the U.K and not when you get ur visa. So the earlier you get in the better for you.
A way of not avoiding any problem later in the future is for u to make ur application for entry clearance around the time you are sure to relocate to the UK. Remember, the approval letter expires after 6 months.[/list]

HSMP holder
Newly Registered

Time

Post by HSMP holder » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:07 am

Thanks.
Are there any time limit to enter the UK once you have got the EC from British Embassy?