ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse name in passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier-1

spouse name in passport

Post by tier-1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Hello Friends,

I am the main applicant and my wife is applying for dependent visa. Her visa is duly updated with my name as her spouse. However my passport does not have her name as my spouse.

Will this be an issue, particularly given that my passport photocopy is attached?

Please moderators/someone reply to this. I have posted a few questions already in regards to the dependent visa but did not receive reply on any.

I am feeling a bit unhappy about this I have replied to so many PM I receive in regards to refund request and now when I need help, I am just not getting any.

Thanks
Nishant

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Not all countries have spouse details in passports (my home country never includes this kind of detail and I don't think British passports contain this information either). I can't see that it would be a requirement to have your spouse's details in your passport.

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Hello Mulderpf,

Many Thanks for your reply.

Can any India applicant who has been in this situation share his/her
experience please.

Thanks & Regards

ban.s

Re: spouse name in passport

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 pm

tier-1 wrote:
I am the main applicant and my wife is applying for dependent visa. Her visa is duly updated with my name as her spouse. However my passport does not have her name as my spouse.
you state your wife is applying for visa and then again you state her visa is duly updated with your name ???????
tier-1 wrote:
Please moderators/someone reply to this. I have posted a few questions already in regards to the dependent visa but did not receive reply on any.

I am feeling a bit unhappy about this I have replied to so many PM I receive in regards to refund request and now when I need help, I am just not getting any.
you posted only two hours ago! people will reply as and when they can/wish. you must appreciate this is a free forum and not a paid service so not bound by any SLAs!