ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Advice on uk absence threshold

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sriram_raj81
Newly Registered

Please Advice on uk absence threshold

Post by sriram_raj81 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:46 am

Hi all

I have read ukba guidelines and recent posts in here, but still confused with the uk absence for ILR application , under tier 1gen at the moment going to PEO in 2 wks time, I have got 235 days in total absence from uk with several trips , out of which 70 are unpaid annual leaves over 5 years,I am on payroll all those years.

1. Will there be any problem for crossing 180 days over 5 yrs?
2. Do I have to produce a letter from employer for all these annual leaves?

Dear experts/ senior members can you please clarify

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:10 am

build 5 yearly (12 month) windows backward from the date of your application. if your absence within any yearly window is more than 180, then something to worry about.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 am

1. From 13th Dec 12, the absence threshold is 180days during each consecutive 12 month period of your 5 year residency - counting backwards from your ILR application date. It's not a total of 180 days during the entire 5 years. So you will need to do the absence calculation for each 12 month period to determine whether you have met the absence requirement.
2. Whether or not an employer letter is required to confirm your annual leave & business related absences depends on the immigration category you will be applying for ILR under. You haven't mentioned this to be able to comment.

sriram_raj81
Newly Registered

Post by sriram_raj81 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:52 am

cs95tdg wrote:1. From 13th Dec 12, the absence threshold is 180days during each consecutive 12 month period of your 5 year residency - counting backwards from your ILR application date. It's not a total of 180 days during the entire 5 years. So you will need to do the absence calculation for each 12 month period to determine whether you have met the absence requirement.
2. Whether or not an employer letter is required to confirm your annual leave & business related absences depends on the immigration category you will be applying for ILR under. You haven't mentioned this to be able to comment.

Hi cs95tdg

I'm in on hsmp(2 yrs)+Tier 1gen(3 yrs) 5 yr category

Appreciate for your quick reply
Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 am

sriram_raj81 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:1. From 13th Dec 12, the absence threshold is 180days during each consecutive 12 month period of your 5 year residency - counting backwards from your ILR application date. It's not a total of 180 days during the entire 5 years. So you will need to do the absence calculation for each 12 month period to determine whether you have met the absence requirement.
Hi cs95tdg

I'm in on hsmp(2 yrs)+Tier 1gen(3 yrs) 5 yr category

Appreciate for your quick reply
Thanks
In that case you do not require an employer letter to confirm your annual leave or business related absences. But if you have any absences that are due to serious or compelling compassionate reasons then you will need a personal letter and supporting evidence.

sriram_raj81
Newly Registered

Post by sriram_raj81 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:14 pm

thanks guys that was really helpful

appsmaje
Newly Registered

Post by appsmaje » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks, I am also on same scenario 2 yrs hsmp + 3 yrs tier 1 (general).
Was confused about whether I need a letter for all my annual leaves from my employer with the way it is paragraphed in the "Indefinite leave to remain – calculating continuous period in UK" document.

My business trips and annual leaves do not exceed 180 days in any of the 5 year periods.

Just want to be sure again that my understanding is correct - I don't need letter from employer.

Thanks. much appreciated!

SU2012
- thin ice -

Post by SU2012 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Sriram_raj1, When are you going for PEO please? Kindly keep us posted after your PEO.

I am also in the same situation. However, my condition is WP (1 Yr) + Tier 1 General (4 Yrs)

I have total 187 days outside UK. 80 days paid in UK and 107 days unpaid (107 days were paid in India)

What should I answer 6.2,6.3 and 7.11 in the application form. I have made 8 trips outside UK mostly to meet family and attend weddings. Only 1 trip of 84 days was made to work at offshore. Since the total no of days crosses 180, should i explain each and every leave with proof ?

Experts please help. I cant get an employer letter for those 84 days, so i am worried sick if i will get ILR or not. I would be very grateful for any response.