ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60 and HMRC letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shin25

P60 and HMRC letter

Post by shin25 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi,

I have read the "sticky" suggesting to get letters from HMRC if we dont have all the P60's.
I called up HMRC and they have informed that I can get NI contributions letter from them and I will have to write to them.
Couple of questions?
Is the NI contributions the same letter which is considered equivalent to P60 ?
Do we have to write to them or is there a direct line where in I can request these documents?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: P60 and HMRC letter

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:16 pm

shin25 wrote:Hi,

I have read the "sticky" suggesting to get letters from HMRC if we dont have all the P60's.
I called up HMRC and they have informed that I can get NI contributions letter from them and I will have to write to them.
Couple of questions?
Do we have to write to them or is there a direct line where in I can request these documents?
pls let us know your immigration history as it will give more depth to answer your questions.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Ask HMRC for your 'employment history'. You will get a 1 page letter in a week's time. This letter includes the useful bits from your P60, less any SSP/SMP etc.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

shin25

Post by shin25 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:25 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Ask HMRC for your 'employment history'. You will get a 1 page letter in a week's time. This letter includes the useful bits from your P60, less any SSP/SMP etc.
Hi Sage,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Can this be done over phone or shoudl be written to HMRC? I had called the operator twice but both the times she forwarded my call to NI dept for this and they only issue NI contributions letter. Is there a specific department I need to call up for this?

shin25

Post by shin25 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:25 pm

kiranchinnu wrote:

Couple of questions?
pls let us know your immigration history as it will give more depth
to answer your questions.
Hi KiranChinnu,

I am currently on tier1.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:28 pm

shin25 wrote:
kiranchinnu wrote:

Couple of questions?
Hi KiranChinnu,

I am currently on tier1.
Immigration history means when u came and wht visa , extn or changes to visa etc. If you need help pls explain your case as much as possible.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 am

You can do this over the phone, they will ask you for the details such name, NI number, current address, previous address etc. If some of the security questions dont match you will be asked to send a letter.

They are normally very quick in sending employment history letters out.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:39 am

shin25 wrote:
Hi KiranChinnu,

I am currently on tier1.

People who spent their 5 years on HSMP/Tier 1 do NOT NEED P60s, unless they are using their last P60 for proof of income.
Best thing you can do when applying for any visa is to follow one simple rule. Keep It Simple. Don't bother giving them something they don't ask for, it'll only confuse the caseworker.
Goodluck.

shin25

Post by shin25 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:55 pm

kiranchinnu wrote:
shin25 wrote:
kiranchinnu wrote:

Couple of questions?
Hi KiranChinnu,

I am currently on tier1.
Immigration history means when u came and wht visa , extn or changes to visa etc. If you need help pls explain your case as much as possible.
Hi KiranChinnu,
Thank you for your answer.
I was on HSMP (2 Yrs - Nov 2007) and then now on Tier 1 (3 Yrs Sep 2009) and again filed for an extension (2 Yrs Apr 2012) which is due to on Apr 2014, but I am eligible for my PR since Nov 2012

shin25

Post by shin25 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:You can do this over the phone, they will ask you for the details such name, NI number, current address, previous address etc. If some of the security questions dont match you will be asked to send a letter.

They are normally very quick in sending employment history letters out.
Hi,
Thank you for your message.
I was transferred to the NI dept for HMRC and they asked me to write down to them. Could you please forward me the number if you have it handy?

shin25

Post by shin25 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:03 am

[iD] wrote:
shin25 wrote:
Hi KiranChinnu,

I am currently on tier1.

People who spent their 5 years on HSMP/Tier 1 do NOT NEED P60s, unless they are using their last P60 for proof of income.
Best thing you can do when applying for any visa is to follow one simple rule. Keep It Simple. Don't bother giving them something they don't ask for, it'll only confuse the caseworker.
Hi Sage,
good suggestion. I am collecting .. just in case, some times documents make the case stronger and who knows if a case worker just asks for them?
I would carry them as an additional proof.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 am

Call HMRC 0845 3000 627
Ask for "Employment History". On this form there are columns like PAYE Reference/Pay/Tax/Start Date/End Date. You make sure tell them that you need all this information/data on this letter.
They will ask for your address and NI detail. NI number is also on your payslip.
Ask for fiscal years that you require.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

shin25

Post by shin25 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:53 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Call HMRC 0845 3000 627
Ask for "Employment History". On this form there are columns like PAYE Reference/Pay/Tax/Start Date/End Date. You make sure tell them that you need all this information/data on this letter.
They will ask for your address and NI detail. NI number is also on your payslip.
Hi wpirlr_nov12.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Much appreciated.

Homzy
Newly Registered

Post by Homzy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:26 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Call HMRC 0845 3000 627
This is good advice!
Phoned the number above, got through to a really friendly lady.
She asked for details and then said what years did I want it for.
I told her 2008 on wards. She said no problem.

I then asked what info would be in the letter and she said "you tell me what you want", so I specified all the items listed by wpilr_nov12. Her reply was thats find, expect it in no more than 2 weeks!

Lucky576
Newly Registered

Hello everyone

Post by Lucky576 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:47 am

Hello everyone!
I have called HMRC 08453000627 and asked for "employment history" but they said i have to write a letter to them for request, can anyone please guide me that what address i should write and what should i write in letter because i am not good in letter writing.
I can see different addresses their.
For example
HM Revenue &customs
NIC&EO
Case worker BP2202
Benton Park View
Longbenton
NewCastle upon Tyne
NE98 1ZZ

2nd address
HM Revenue & Customs
HM Inspector of Taxes
PAYE
Po Box 4000
Cardiff
CF14 8HR
Please advise me which address,

1. Hi Homzy did you get reply from HMRC?
2. Hi Wpiir_nov2012 can you please guide me how ti write letter to them and what should i send with letter?

Basically i need 2009 onwards p60s/p45s or anything to proof my employment history.
Thanks in advance everyone to read my lengthy post.

visva_cool
Newly Registered

Post by visva_cool » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi guys,

I am not sure where you guys are getting this 0845 numbers and other numbers that are being listed.

For a while I couldn't find P45 from old job which has tax details from Apr 2010 - Feb2011 (new job P60 only had Mar 2011 - Apr 2011). So I went to HMRC website and got two numbers. It's quite straightforward.

HMRC Income tax:
http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/con ... pkspulskxM

Call them at: 0300 200 3300 and ask for employment history for last 5 yrs. You'll need your NI number. the whole thing took 10 mins. You don't need to write to them, just a phone call will do the job for employment history.

HMRC NI:
http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/con ... ybg-pFAYcQ

You can call them at 0300 200 3500 and ask for details, but they will ask you to write to:

HM Revenue & Customs
National Insurance Contributions & Employer Office
Record Retrieval Service
Room BP8003
Tynemouth House
Benton Park View
Longbenton
NE98 1ZZ

They require your:

Full name
Date of Birth
NI number
Reason
years required
Current Address:
Previous Address:

They have a specific format for UKBA - so it is important to mention UKBA/home office as a reason.

They say 5-10 working days, but give it a bit more time. I applied for these two letters in the first week of Sep, but haven't received them yet. However, my friend got it in 10 days.
Last edited by visva_cool on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

visva_cool
Newly Registered

Post by visva_cool » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:36 pm

I would have posted this in the sticky about missing P60s and HMRC letter, but it is locked.

Could the moderators update the sticky with weblinks and numbers I mentioned in the above post please? Thx.

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:20 pm

call 01355 359022
I got mine by calling number above.

Lucky576
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by Lucky576 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:15 pm

Thanks everyone for replies.. I will try to call 01355 359022 tomorrow and see the outcome if they still want me to write than i will do that..

Hi visva_cool

Another member of forum gave me that Liverpool address,
Which one should i use if i have to write.

Hi Lucky, the number you mentioned above I do remember calling the same number 08453000627 and spoke to guy, he was really a nice guy - helped me through my query and also sent me the employment history. I did get it within 5 working days. I will paste you the address on the letter I had you can try that number and request them:

HM Revenue & Customs
Pay As you Earn and Self Assessment
PO Box 1970
Liverpool
L75 1WX

Also, write to them that you required employment history for the tax years 20xx - 20xx for example:
2008-2009
2009-2010
2010-2011
2011-2012
2012-2013

I hope this helps.
Kind regards

Thanks again everyone

amitpattjoshi
Newly Registered

HMRC Employment History Letter

Post by amitpattjoshi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my ILR on 10th Nov'13 around(To be booked).

I have my P45 from Jan 2009 - Nov'2010 - working as Permanent
P60s ll request my accountant as I have missed from Dec'2010 onwards - M on contract for that period

So to HMRC also I want to request below if incase they ask :-

a) my employment History for past 5 years
b) and also thinking about requesting for NI history as well on your provided numbers..
c) Do we also need to request for self assessment history ??

Can you please tell me what Calander date I should request for

I am in Uk from 8th Jan'09 onwards...(for past 4years 9 months plus)..

1) So shall I just ask them as to provide employment history from 8th Jan'2009 onwards ???

2) And is there any problem if I request from today even though by the time I apply request date for this letter will be more than a month old..Is that OK ??

Please advise guys..

Thanks,

ISingh2008

Post by ISingh2008 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:38 pm

visva_cool wrote:Hi guys,

I am not sure where you guys are getting this 0845 numbers and other numbers that are being listed.

For a while I couldn't find P45 from old job which has tax details from Apr 2010 - Feb2011 (new job P60 only had Mar 2011 - Apr 2011). So I went to HMRC website and got two numbers. It's quite straightforward.

HMRC Income tax:
http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/con ... pkspulskxM

Call them at: 0300 200 3300 and ask for employment history for last 5 yrs. You'll need your NI number. the whole thing took 10 mins. You don't need to write to them, just a phone call will do the job for employment history.

HMRC NI:
http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/con ... ybg-pFAYcQ

You can call them at 0300 200 3500 and ask for details, but they will ask you to write to:

HM Revenue & Customs
National Insurance Contributions & Employer Office
Record Retrieval Service
Room BP8003
Tynemouth House
Benton Park View
Longbenton
NE98 1ZZ

They require your:

Full name
Date of Birth
NI number
Reason
years required
Current Address:
Previous Address:

They have a specific format for UKBA - so it is important to mention UKBA/home office as a reason.

They say 5-10 working days, but give it a bit more time. I applied for these two letters in the first week of Sep, but haven't received them yet. However, my friend got it in 10 days.
Hi visva_cool,
In your post you've mentioned that we need to give them Previous Addresses to request for Ni Contributions Letter. Can you please tell me how many years' previous addresses we need to give them?
Should it include all the addresses for the last 5 Years??
I'd appreciate your response on this.

Many Thanks

visva_cool
Newly Registered

Post by visva_cool » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi ISingh2008,

I called the NI contact number of HMRC I listed there, and she told me to provide those details. I assumed last 5 yrs addresses. Anyway, you want to request only last 5yrs of NI details if the application is based on 5 yr work route.

Alternative is to call that number and double check.

For some reason, I didn't receive either my tax history (called on 3 Sep) or NI letter (posted 3 Sep). I got my ILR on 25 Sep without them, as I found missing P60 and a P45.

Anyway, I called them back on 24 Sep and the guy on phone said they posted tax history on 4 Sep in second class royal mail - as the cost cutting measures are in place. Even then it is unusually long time... not sure whether they really posted it!

Don't rely entirely on this letter, if you have missing P60s, then print pay slips for that period and get them signed and stamped by HR. That should work.

ISingh2008

Post by ISingh2008 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:10 pm

visva_cool wrote:Hi ISingh2008,

I called the NI contact number of HMRC I listed there, and she told me to provide those details. I assumed last 5 yrs addresses. Anyway, you want to request only last 5yrs of NI details if the application is based on 5 yr work route.

Alternative is to call that number and double check.

For some reason, I didn't receive either my tax history (called on 3 Sep) or NI letter (posted 3 Sep). I got my ILR on 25 Sep without them, as I found missing P60 and a P45.

Anyway, I called them back on 24 Sep and the guy on phone said they posted tax history on 4 Sep in second class royal mail - as the cost cutting measures are in place. Even then it is unusually long time... not sure whether they really posted it!

Don't rely entirely on this letter, if you have missing P60s, then print pay slips for that period and get them signed and stamped by HR. That should work.
Thanks for your response on this.
Its been around 8 days I requested the Employment history from HMRC and also sent them letter requesting for my NI Contributions for the last 5 years... Havent received anything as yet.. Les see if it really arrives or not..

I have my ILR appointment on 23rd Oct... HSMP + Tier 1 General route..
I have 4 --P60s from the last 5 years.... Only 1 is missing.... as I resigned from my job that time and went out of UK for couple of months...
I do have P45 for that year though...
So will it be alright to attach 4 P60s and 1 P45 in my ILR application?

Would appreciate your advise.

Thanks