ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ Sheffield 04/01/13

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dollarog
Newly Registered

ILR success @ Sheffield 04/01/13

Post by dollarog » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 pm

First let me thank you all for the support I got from this forum in my ILR application and mostly glory to the almighty who makes all things work together for good to those that love him.

Docs submitted
1. Work permit
2. 7 months payslips although the form requested for 3 months
3. 5 x P60
4. LIUK pass notification letter for me and my wife
5. 6 moths bank statement although the form requested for 3 months.(Joint account)
6. Council tax bills for two years
7. Tenancy agreement.
8. Letter from employer.
9. Marriage certificate.
10. Birth certificates for the two of us.
11. My degree certificate.
12. Passports
13. Photographs

I hope i havent missed anything. The whole process took about 2 and half hours. The case worker came out after 1.5 hours to ask me a few questions concerning my bank statement. Make sure you can explain all transaction on your statement, i wasn't expecting this but thank God i was bold in my answer.

Another thing worth mentioning is I dropped one of my dependants on the last minute (child born in uk) whom we are going to apply for BC straight away. I went to the PEO with an appointment for 3 people and just told them upon arrival that i was dropping my child and the reason why i was doing that. I had also called the 087 number and informed them beforehand. I had also carried my childs uk birth certificate incase they would want proof.

All the best to everyone still in the process,

saran79
United Kingdom

congrats

Post by saran79 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:08 pm

congrats to you.thanks for sharing your experience

satmvv

Congrats! Few queries

Post by satmvv » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Congratulations! I am a work permit holder (5 years) as well and due for an application at sheffield on 9th. I've got most of the documentation sorted but some doubts are lingering about cohabitation proof.

I see you've mentioned council tax bills for 2 years. May I know which other documents (if any) served towards cohab?

I have council tax bills and joint bank account statements as proof. Not sure if they will suffice, and also confused about how many statements needed (don't think they need 24 of them for 2 years).

Would be grateful for any input.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Congrat's dollarog! For the benefit of many others on this forum, I have a few questions related to absences which I hope you can answer:

a) did you have any absences?
b) if so were they within the allowed new 180 day annual threshold?
c) did your employer letter make any reference to these if they were annual leave or business related?

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:32 pm

First of all congrats.

Can you please elaborate what did the caseworker asked you about the bank statements? Was it in reference to a particular transaction or name/address issue etc?

saran79
United Kingdom

Re: Congrats! Few queries

Post by saran79 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:00 pm

satmvv wrote:Congratulations! I am a work permit holder (5 years) as well and due for an application at sheffield on 9th. I've got most of the documentation sorted but some doubts are lingering about cohabitation proof.

I see you've mentioned council tax bills for 2 years. May I know which other documents (if any) served towards cohab?

I have council tax bills and joint bank account statements as proof. Not sure if they will suffice, and also confused about how many statements needed (don't think they need 24 of them for 2 years).

Would be grateful for any input.

Thanks
I have submitted up to 5 docs for 2 years.
1) bank statements
2) electoral registration
3) tenancy agreement
4) NHS letters
5) NHS CARD
6) some gas bills.
but nothing was for 2 continuous years , other than bank statements.
But my case worker to my surprise returned everything back including all the photocopies. WHAT A WASTE

satmvv

Post by satmvv » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Saran79 please can you confirm which method of payment you have used for Sheffield? I have a visa debit card but it isn't metioned in the list payment methods in SET-O payment guidance page.

saran79
United Kingdom

Post by saran79 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 pm

satmvv wrote:Saran79 please can you confirm which method of payment you have used for Sheffield? I have a visa debit card but it isn't metioned in the list payment methods in SET-O payment guidance page.
i used visa electron. visa debit should be fine.

prabhusubha
Newly Registered

Re: ILR success @ Sheffield 04/01/13

Post by prabhusubha » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:05 am

Hi

Congratulations!

Could you please answer the following query?

I am also work permit holder and will be applying ILR on 16th Jan. What did you fill on 6.3 at section 6 Immigartion History.

Did you get any letter from employer for Annual Leave?

6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?

SECTION 10 - BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMITS

I have two dependents one over 16 and another less than 16 years what would you fill for Question 13. Is the applicant/dependant
Thanks

satmvv

Post by satmvv » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:29 am

Hi Dollarog,

Please can you confirm what you've written for section 7.11 (how long have you lived in UK" and section 7.12 (what ties)

Thanks

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly?
Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....