ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohab proof for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satmvv

Cohab proof for ILR

Post by satmvv » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 pm

I am a workpermit holder (5 years) due for an ILR appointment along with my wife at Sheffield on 9th of Jan. I am getting paranoid about cohab proof requirement please can someone clarify my doubts?

1.Do I need to show proof for each month over the 2 period?

2. I have council tax statements with both our names for the last 3 years. However, they are annual statements issued at the begining of year. Also have monthly bank statements for our joint account. Are these two sources sufficient? If so, do I need to produce all 24 statements over two years?

3. I also have a GP reference letter stating that we both have been registered at the practice since 2009 at our current address and NHS cards for both of us at the same time when she joined in 2009 . Apart from that the rest are all individual and sparsely spread letters.

- My wife's NHS prescription charge letter (sep 2009), Government gateway letter (Feb 2010), National insurance number letter (Aug 2010), driving theory pass certificate (Mar 2011), driving license (April 2012), job offer and payslips since (july 2012).

Unfortunately all the utility bills and tenancy agreement are on my name. I wonder if I should be concerned.

Thanks

saran79
United Kingdom

Re: Cohab proof for ILR

Post by saran79 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:06 pm

satmvv wrote:I am a workpermit holder (5 years) due for an ILR appointment along with my wife at Sheffield on 9th of Jan. I am getting paranoid about cohab proof requirement please can someone clarify my doubts?

1.Do I need to show proof for each month over the 2 period?

2. I have council tax statements with both our names for the last 3 years. However, they are annual statements issued at the begining of year. Also have monthly bank statements for our joint account. Are these two sources sufficient? If so, do I need to produce all 24 statements over two years?

3. I also have a GP reference letter stating that we both have been registered at the practice since 2009 at our current address and NHS cards for both of us at the same time when she joined in 2009 . Apart from that the rest are all individual and sparsely spread letters.

- My wife's NHS prescription charge letter (sep 2009), Government gateway letter (Feb 2010), National insurance number letter (Aug 2010), driving theory pass certificate (Mar 2011), driving license (April 2012), job offer and payslips since (july 2012).

Unfortunately all the utility bills and tenancy agreement are on my name. I wonder if I should be concerned.

Thanks
Keep as many as you can, my case worker didn't mind any docs and its validity for 2 years.