ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I apply now or later

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

need_a_tier1

Should I apply now or later

Post by need_a_tier1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:50 am

I am going to submit my application at the NCS on 10th Jan 2013.

While filling the form, I have noticed that I was out of the UK in January 2008 for 2 days. And the dates are quite close to when my application will be received at the home office (minus 5 years).

I left the UK on 14th Jan 2008
Was in Europe on Business on 15th Jan & 16th Jan 2008
Came back to UK on 17th Jan 2008

As I mentioned, I am submitting my application on Thursday 10th Jan 2013. The application should reach UKBA in the best case on 11 Jan 2013 which is Friday.

However, there may be a delay and the application might reach them on Sat 12th Jan or Mon 14th Jan or later.

I am a bit worried now - Should I apply now or not.

UKBA website states that: "The residential qualifying period is calculated from the day when we receive your application. Most unsuccessful applications fail because the applicant was not present in the UK at the beginning of the residential qualifying period. You must make sure you meet this requirement before you make your application. For example, if we receive your application on 25 March 2010, you must show that you were in the UK on 26 March 2005."

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Should I apply now or later

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 am

need_a_tier1 wrote:I am going to submit my application at the NCS on 10th Jan 2013.

While filling the form, I have noticed that I was out of the UK in January 2008 for 2 days. And the dates are quite close to when my application will be received at the home office (minus 5 years).

I left the UK on 14th Jan 2008
Was in Europe on Business on 15th Jan & 16th Jan 2008
Came back to UK on 17th Jan 2008

As I mentioned, I am submitting my application on Thursday 10th Jan 2013. The application should reach UKBA in the best case on 11 Jan 2013 which is Friday.

However, there may be a delay and the application might reach them on Sat 12th Jan or Mon 14th Jan or later.

I am a bit worried now - Should I apply now or not.

UKBA website states that: "The residential qualifying period is calculated from the day when we receive your application. Most unsuccessful applications fail because the applicant was not present in the UK at the beginning of the residential qualifying period. You must make sure you meet this requirement before you make your application. For example, if we receive your application on 25 March 2010, you must show that you were in the UK on 26 March 2005."
You are required to be in the UK 5 years prior to the date UKBA receives your application. As you are applying through NCS, you can request a date change and apply on the 17th to be on a safe side. However, in theory your application should reach UKBA latest by Saturday

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:00 am

Just to add another question,if my application gets rejected, then do I have to wait for another 12 months to reapply?
Last edited by need_a_tier1 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

need_a_tier1

Re: Should I apply now or later

Post by need_a_tier1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:01 am

vinitmanu wrote: You are required to be in the UK 5 years prior to the date UKBA receives your application. As you are applying through NCS, you can request a date change and apply on the 17th to be on a safe side. However, in theory your application should reach UKBA latest by Saturday
Yes, I am also thinking to move the date and to apply on 17th Jan, but I am away from the UK for 5 weeks from 21 Jan. Is there a requirement to be present in the UK for 5 days after your application?