ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employeed and SE - Accountant not showing TAX

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

risingmoon19

Employeed and SE - Accountant not showing TAX

Post by risingmoon19 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am going for PEO in next couple of weeks for my tier 1 general extension. I have both employed and self employed earnings. Around 95% of my earnings are from employment and around £4000 is from Self Employment. I went to my accountant last week and he has prepared profit and loss, invoice explanationation and letter which states that I have earned £4000 from my self employment.

However, when I asked him to add tax column showing how much tax I would pay by end of the financial year. He said this would complicate things and would confuse the case worker because my tax would be both from employment and self employment (ofcourse tax fom employment has already been deducted). He has done calculations on a simple A4 for me but said that don't show to the case worker.

I would like to ask from senior members and Accountants on the forum if this is OK for visa purposes. Do you think CW would ask about tax paid on the self employment. Accountant might be right but is not an immigration consultant hence I am asking you guys to assist.

Many Thanks,

rfd

Post by rfd » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi,

Your accountant is right mentioning Tax will just complicate matters. Plus your income could change by the end of financial year.

HSK Accountancy Services

Re: Employeed and SE - Accountant not showing TAX

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:40 pm

risingmoon19 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am going for PEO in next couple of weeks for my tier 1 general extension. I have both employed and self employed earnings. Around 95% of my earnings are from employment and around £4000 is from Self Employment. I went to my accountant last week and he has prepared profit and loss, invoice explanationation and letter which states that I have earned £4000 from my self employment.

However, when I asked him to add tax column showing how much tax I would pay by end of the financial year. He said this would complicate things and would confuse the case worker because my tax would be both from employment and self employment (ofcourse tax fom employment has already been deducted). He has done calculations on a simple A4 for me but said that don't show to the case worker.

I would like to ask from senior members and Accountants on the forum if this is OK for visa purposes. Do you think CW would ask about tax paid on the self employment. Accountant might be right but is not an immigration consultant hence I am asking you guys to assist.

Many Thanks,
Yes he is right. For self-employed applicants tax calculation is not required anyway because you claim your income on Gross basis. Same like Gross Salaries, self-employment income will be gross as well i.e. before tax.

For an applicant claiming dividend through his limited company, the tax is important because dividend is taken after the tax figure. so in that scenario we calculate tax provision when doing accounts.

I hope this is helpful.

Good Luck for your application.

risingmoon19

Post by risingmoon19 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:26 pm

rfd wrote:Hi,

Your accountant is right mentioning Tax will just complicate matters. Plus your income could change by the end of financial year.
Thanks rfd. Appreciate it

risingmoon19

Re: Employeed and SE - Accountant not showing TAX

Post by risingmoon19 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Many thanks for your help HSK Accountancy Services