ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timing my application for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sudhar
Newly Registered

Timing my application for BC

Post by sudhar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi,

I've now qualified for BC application. I have questions regards my application in the context of my wife's immigration status. My wife joined me in the UK in October 2011 as a Tier 2 dependant. I got my ILR at the very end of 2011 (Dec 30th) following which my wife became an ILR-dependant in Nov 2012 (applied in Mar 2012 using FLR(M)!). My questions are

1. If I apply now and get BC, say by June 2013, what happens to her status? Do we need to apply for her to be a BC-dependant (I'm not even sure if there's such a status!)?

2. She'll complete 2 yrs residency by Oct 2013 and qualify for ILR. If again I apply now and get BC, do we need to apply for her to change her status for the period between getting my BC and Oct 2013 and then apply for her ILR?

3. Is it possible for her to apply for BC as well along with me after Oct 2013? (I'm guessing not as I think she'll have to be get ILR at least for a year to be able to apply for BC). I'm asking so I can avoid multiple applications and reduce what we have to spend for fees!

4. Just want to add that she has started working since Dec 2012. I was wondering if and how this changes anything regards any of her applications. Does this help in anyway or make anything easier?

I'm essentially looking for the most efficient way to get my BC and her ILR/BC. Any other suggestions/options appreciated very much.

Many thanks for you help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:49 pm

She will not need to change visa if you apply for BC as she is already on spouse of BC/settled person (FLR(M)).
When she qualifies, she can apply for ILR on SET(M) and once she has been resident for exactly 3 years, she can apply for naturalisation as spouse of BC if you apply are a BC by then. If she arrived in October 2011, she can apply ILR October 2013 and then for naturalisation in October 2014. She cannot apply for BC unless she already has ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sudhar
Newly Registered

Post by sudhar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Many thanks for the quick reply :)