ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost indian passport post naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukblokester
Newly Registered

lost indian passport post naturalization

Post by ukblokester » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:39 am

Hello everyone and a happy new year to everyone I keep coming back to this forum everytime i troubled with questions and hope some will bail me out as always.

so i got my naturalization certificate on 17th of dec and i needed to send out the form to get the british passport (along with the indian passport as it was required). On my way to the post office, i ended up loosing the env somewhere and as a result i have now lost my indian passport.

my questions now are as follows:
1) can i just tell the IPS guys that i have my indian passport, attach photo copies and other details in the form and they would be process it as usual.
2) who do you get an affidavit done in the UK as i would need one which says that I have lost my indian passport
3) to register that the indian embassy that you ahve lost your passport you need to provide the affidavt and a police report that you have lost it but the local police station gave me in writing that they have not registered a report for govt document in the last 7yrs, has anyone else have the same problem
4) also on the hcilondon website they say that if you apply for renunciation without handing over the passort they give you a renunciation declaration rather than the surrender certificate. I am not sure if that has issues when applying for a PIO. has anyone had any experience with that etc.

would really appreciate if someone took time on this to explain the possibilities and help me out here. the embassy doesn't open up before monday so i will remain in a stressed out situation till i have the answers for above.

thank you for taking out time to read this.

***RENUNCIATION DECLARATION:-

For PIOs, who acquired foreign nationality on or after 01.06.2010 and their valid Indian passport has been misplaced or lost, can apply for ‘Renunciation Declaration’ by furnishing a copy of the Indian passport along with a duly Notarised Affidavit in this regard and a Police report (to rule out any misuse). The fee for Renunciation Certificate is£ 106.00 plus applicable charges including Consular Surcharge of £ 2.00 and applicable charges for M/s VFS (UK).

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:10 pm

You need to write a simple letter addressed to the police station informing them of the loss of passport. Give all your passport details. Take two copies of the letter. Ask them to keep one, and stamp and sign the other copy.
If you haven't worked it out yet, then let me tell you, things work differently in UK, they do not write "reports" like in India.

1) can i just tell the IPS guys that i have my indian passport, attach photo copies and other details in the form and they would be process it as usual.

Just send the photocopies, and the receipt that you obtained from police station and tell them your lost your Indian passport. Just send them these, and if they need any other clarification, then they will contact you. There is no need to stress about it.

2) who do you get an affidavit done in the UK as i would need one which says that I have lost my indian passport

In any county in the world, you do not get a affidavit from anywhere. Affidavit is something that you declare yourselves. For Indian high commission, it must be notarised by a notary public.

3) to register that the indian embassy that you ahve lost your passport you need to provide the affidavt and a police report that you have lost it but the local police station gave me in writing that they have not registered a report for govt document in the last 7yrs, has anyone else have the same problem.

Already answered

4) also on the hcilondon website they say that if you apply for renunciation without handing over the passort they give you a renunciation declaration rather than the surrender certificate. I am not sure if that has issues when applying for a PIO. has anyone had any experience with that etc.

No issues.

ukblokester
Newly Registered

Post by ukblokester » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:59 pm

thank you so much for putting my mind at ease. A couple of more questions:
>> for the Affidavit can i then just get it signed by the solicitor? not sure if you would but just confirming do you know what sort of fees to expect?

>> also when you say 'no issues' do you mean that even though i would have a renunciation declaration rather than the surrender certificate, I would still be ok for a PIO application?

thank you once again for taking out time to help out.

cheers

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Certified by a solicitor will not be acceptable to HCI. You must get it notarised.

I said "no issues". Work out what "no issues" could possibly mean.

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi