ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which is the best backup Plan if fail to get ILR via HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Apply for Canadian PR
10%
Apply for Australian PR
38%
Better jump now for H1B asap.
19%
No running around, Will go back to home.
33%

Total votes: 21

simar

Post by simar » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:01 pm

Hello All ,
Kindly see what people think is the best Backup option if fail to get ILR via hsmp route after staying 4-5 years and paying taxes here.
Now it is confirmed that hsmp applicants have to apply for any further extension based on the new rules of that future date.

cheers

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:57 pm

Bhaiya,

Will go back , getting gr8 salaries in India itself , Will get in the range of 15L INR and then 1-2 months of overseas toursim @ company's expense. :)

venramji
Newly Registered

ho - ho!

Post by venramji » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:06 pm

Canada ? That would be your biggest mistake... other than the one when you decided to come to the UK.

http://www.notcanada.com/

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:56 pm

Good Post,

guys please express more opinions and poll.

simar

Post by simar » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:10 pm

Australia seems to be winner.

HadiHasan

Post by HadiHasan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:35 pm

Well guyz australia will be a good backup plan. Atleast far more better than Canada. Once u landed in Australia then no more FLR, ILV.......just compelete 2 years period in five year , and one can be eligible for citizenship.........
Regards
Hasan

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:05 pm

Are there good IT Telecom jobs in Australia ? will one have to start from scratch ? Will India , UK experience count ?

How much average salary for a 8 yrs exp guy :wink: ?

simar

Post by simar » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:53 pm

sjgul wrote:Are there good IT Telecom jobs in Australia ? will one have to start from scratch ? Will India , UK experience count ?

How much average salary for a 8 yrs exp guy :wink: ?

In telecom
If u r working in dsp- layer 1 stuff. Then I guess getting ILR will not be difficult in UK as permanent salaries tend to be 50k close
If u r in protocol stack area. Then Canada & Australia offer same options.
If you are in call control application side & deals in database. Then India is only viable option

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:16 pm

if you have an option between India and Australia; it is better to stick in India with out any further thoughts what so ever. By the way, I have worked both in Australia and India and learnt it the hard way :-), I hope you wont do the same mistake.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:02 pm

I think I personally have learnt the lesson that ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD. Throughout the world UK has built its image of the MODEL state but to be honest they are not reliable and you can't trust them at all. Rather they have deprived different countries from their skilled People by mode of deception.

I think its better to go back to Home countries but for people like us who has left everything there ; will have to take a start from the scratch.

British Govt & their people talk and boast about their neutrality/ fairness and honestly but its otherway around. Failed aylum seekers and illegal immigrants are given incentive for going back but we the Highly Skilled people will be kicked out very soon without being reimbursed of the money that we pay in shape of taxes and National insurance.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:14 pm

I think for an Indian going back to India will be the best option since the extra bits in Australia or Canada is not worth sacrificing the good jolly days in India..... I hope majority of Indians will agree with me :)
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:32 am

i fall under 1+4 category, got extension in Aug. this year. Even though my Extension/PR is due in 2010, i really doubt if its going to be smooth by then... i will be going back to my home country India. Career options/salaries are growing by leaps and bounds there.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:35 am

Guyz,

Although I also applied for Australian PR , but got a feedback that not many good IT Telecom options in Australia as compared to US, India. I may need to start from the very least salary in Australia as well, Compared to this, I will earn on the higher ends in India.

What is the negative in US, why so less poll for US ? Lots of jobs and money in US, I may be having some wrong impression.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:47 am

I always calculate the final saving one can do after tax accomodation etc etc..
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

Hector
Newly Registered

Post by Hector » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:42 pm

Well, i guess its a matter of personal choice.
I had applied for canadian PR as well when I applied for HSMP. Now I think, if I don't get the ILR and British citizenship for that matter, I'm gonna go back to my home country India.

cheers,
Hector

HadiHasan

Post by HadiHasan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:06 pm

hi
I agree with hector , it depends on the personal choice, through HSMP the journey for citizenship is bit long ( 5 yrs + 2 yrs) and also uncertain. Otheriwise in Australia one can eligible for citizenship just 2 yrs. So it depends what u looking for? citizenship or earning money and then going back to homeland........
Regards
Hasan

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:36 am

well even though many of us look for earning money and settling back in home country but still look for PR becoz to avoid hassles of renewing the visa all the time, not to ignore the merciless rules by HO which changes every year.....
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---