ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted CoS allocated, but not allocated???

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shamino

Restricted CoS allocated, but not allocated???

Post by Shamino » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:53 am

Hi everyone

Last year my employer received the following email
Sponsor Name: My Employer Sponsor Licence Number: XXXXXXX Restricted Tier / Category: Tier 2 (GEN New hires under £150k) Decision Date: 27/11/2012 Number of CoS Requested: 1 Number of CoS Granted: 1 Job Title: Researcher Job Type: 2329 Researchers n.e.c.

Thank you for your recent application for restricted Certificates of Sponsorship. Your application meets the minimum points score for the allocation of a restricted CoS. You can now assign your restricted CoS on your Sponsorship Management System (SMS) account.
Having a talk with my employers today, they inform me that they're getting confusing messages from the UK Border Agency and suggesting they need to reapply???

Has this happened to anyone else? I thought it was a relative straight forward process, where the Restricted CoS is now in the SMS account and they can simply allocate it

Does anyone know what possibly could have went wrong here?

Thanks in advance

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 pm

What sort of emails are we getting?
We applied for unrestricted and were still getting notifications that we need to reapply (but we never intended to) for allocation of restricted cos
I think they do it automatically as it is the end of the year?

Shamino

Post by Shamino » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 pm

I might need to investigate that with my employer

The problem for me is that I'm currently living back in Australia, waiting for the restricted CoS to apply for my visa

I was under the impression that I would receive something by now, and now they're requesting my employer to reapply, which would mean another month worth of waiting

If anyone is experiencing the same dilemma, please share with us how you rectified or progressed with the Restricted CoS

Cheers