ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reg Tier 1 extension query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

phanidhar6039

Reg Tier 1 extension query

Post by phanidhar6039 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi,

I have got to apply for my Tier 1 last extension (3 yrs) which is due to expire on 19 Aril 2013 and would like to apply in person at Glasgow. Now my query is if i apply in first week of March 2013 do i get my next extension until 19 April 2016 which is my expiry date or do i get extension from the date of the interview ex: 02 march 2016 if i have attended on 02 march Just checking to see if it effects me in future extension for indefnite leave or PR.

As i have seen most of them are getting there visas from expiry date but couldn't find any information regarding it on the UKBA website. This is because its hard to find the dates for the appointment.

Thanks,
Phani

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm

This is guidelineswhen to apply and thisis the topic where people have discussed their scenario. No one can guarantee what visa date will be given its all depend on case worker. If you apply with in a month than you can argue with caseworker to give visa from date of expiry or can complain if he/ she does otherwise.

phanidhar6039

Post by phanidhar6039 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:47 am

madhumesh wrote:This is guidelineswhen to apply and thisis the topic where people have discussed their scenario. No one can guarantee what visa date will be given its all depend on case worker. If you apply with in a month than you can argue with caseworker to give visa from date of expiry or can complain if he/ she does otherwise.
Thanks for the reply madhumesh

Thats true that it all depends on the case worker if you apply before a month.

So you ment to say that if i apply with in a month from the date of visa expiry i should be given from expiry for 3 years or else we can complain on it if he doesnt right. I couldn't find any information regarding it on UKBA website that we can complain on this issue.

Thanks,
Phani

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:13 am

You can refer above guideline mentioned in my notes, it should be enough, it's common practice and most of the case worker are aware of the rules.

phanidhar6039

Post by phanidhar6039 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:22 am

madhumesh wrote:You can refer above guideline mentioned in my notes, it should be enough, it's common practice and most of the case worker are aware of the rules.
Thank for your reply