ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Toefl Vs IELTS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meer_iet

Toefl Vs IELTS

Post by meer_iet » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:00 am

Hello Friends,

For HSMP:
1)Can some one tell me if i can use my Toefl score instead of IELTS score.

2)My CBT score taken in Nov 2005 is 247/300. How much is this as per IELTS score bands.

regds.
Meer_iet

HSMP5thDec

Re: Toefl Vs IELTS

Post by HSMP5thDec » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:59 am

should do. the score is good enough i think.

you might need to call them to enquire as well.
meer_iet wrote:Hello Friends,

For HSMP:
1)Can some one tell me if i can use my Toefl score instead of IELTS score.

2)My CBT score taken in Nov 2005 is 247/300. How much is this as per IELTS score bands.

regds.
Meer_iet

indian234

risk

Post by indian234 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:41 am

Hello,

I mailed to HSMP team and they said they see IELTS score or letter from university that the degree was taught in english. Other evidences will not be entertained. I got reply when i enquired whether toefl score will be considered for the english language requirement.

So, i would suggest to get a letter from university or take IELTS test.

regards,
Ram

anil_jain
Newly Registered

Post by anil_jain » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Hello friends,

My experience and understanding has been that we should not assume any kind of judgement or common sense from the HSMP decision makers. If they have mentioned in their guidance notes that IELTS or Univ certification, then you can be sure that nothing else will work, not even TOEFL

Cheers

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:50 pm

I agree with Anil 200%.

If you are trying to provide evidence, which is not mentioned exactly in the application form then you are risking it.

If you want to be sure of 100% success to your application, then you must provide as it is.

If I were you, I would quickly take up an IELTS exam (because General is much is easier than Academic, it would be General). and submit that as evidence. (OR) I will run-around my University to get the letter that it was taught in English.

Hope that helps.