ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new rules: driving disqualification

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sushdmehta_fan

new rules: driving disqualification

Post by sushdmehta_fan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Please check the new Gen Grounds for refusals:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary page 64:

Non-custodial sentences: disqualifications from driving:

A person can be disqualified from driving if they:
- are convicted of a driving offence, or
- receive 12 or more penalty points (endorsements) within three years or two years for recently qualified drivers.

The court will decide how long the disqualification will last, based on how serious they think the offence is. A disqualification from driving can be either in addition to, or instead of, any other sentence.
This does form part of a person's criminal record and counts as a non-custodial sentence for immigration purposes. If an applicant receives a disqualification from driving you must:
- refuse the application (where mandatory), or
- consider refusing the application (where discretionary).

I think that is so unfair for new drivers, they can easily rack up 6 points in a single offence they are out of UK ? No second chance, Think it is a bit harsh ??

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:54 pm

There's nothing harsh about it. Getting points on your license is generally completely avoidable. Stick to the speed limit, don't drink and drive, make sure your vehicle is insured, don't jump red lights, make sure your car is roadworthy.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Public transport with a VALID ticket. No hassles. No worries.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.