ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passpors back, but without EEA1 and wierd letter about EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pilayo
Newly Registered

Passpors back, but without EEA1 and wierd letter about EEA2

Post by pilayo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:52 pm

After 4 moths of the initial application I've ask for my passport (EU national and EEA1 applicant) and my wife's passport( EEA2 applicant)
I've sent 2 mails to liverpool.euro and ROD I've receive them quite fast in one of the royal mail envelopes signed for that I enclosed on the application....

1) the royal mail guy didn't even ask for sign the postage...just dropped it into the mail like a normal letter....niceeee ROYAL MAIL...NICE.... (then we asked ourselves why there are missed passports...)

2) In my passport there isn't anything regarding EEA1...no stamp...nothing

3) a letter was inside the package saying that, we shouldn't send the passports back to HO unless a caseworker ask for it...and also that if my wife wants to enter back in UK she should ask for a EEA permit abroad (this in Spain means 3 weeks)...I don't understand anything....why do we have a COA then??? is not enough with the passport and the COA to re enter in the UK

Anyone on the same situation??? any light on this???

Thanks!
Last edited by pilayo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pilayo
Newly Registered

Re: Passpors back, but without EEA1 and wierd letter about E

Post by pilayo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:53 pm

One more update:

1) the envelope is not one of the ones that I encolsed...that's why the royal mails guy didn't asked for sign....ANd I wonder...FOR WHATTT I'm wasting money in prepaid self addresed envelopes (3) if they don't use IT!!!!

2) Don't waste you time specifying if you have change your address...they are going to send your passports wherever they want...

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

hi

Post by smallpie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:13 pm

pilayo,

i got same letter few yrs ago when i first applied for my RC.
it means the home office has seen yr passports and other documents already and are still working on your applications, and coz u requested yr passprt back for travel purposes or other purposes.. you dont need to send it back , they will request for it when they need it again. but most cases, they will just deal with yr application without asking for the passprts back... And issue yr RC on a seperate paper.

mine was issued on a seperate A4 immigration Paper.

but in the main time , u can still contact them for updates on yr applications, so u can be well assured its still ongoing.

wish you all the best.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.