ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) success PEO Liverpool - WP + Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beetles
Newly Registered

Set (O) success PEO Liverpool - WP + Tier 2

Post by beetles » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Wanted to share my story with everyone, as this forum has been very helpful to me over the years and maybe my experience will be useful for someone else.

My background: WP 2008 - 2011 + Tier 2 2011 - 2014. My Tier 2 visa did not expire for another year, but with the ever increasing fees and rule changes I wanted to get ILR as soon as possible! My case was straightforward with no dependants and 205 absences over the past five years, the majority paid annual leave.

I gave the caseworker the following documents:
- current + previous passports
- BRP card (obtained with tier 2 visa)
- current employer letter
- current employer absence letter
- absence spreadsheet for 5 year period
- payslips * 3 months
- bank statements * 12 months
- LITUK test result
- P60s * 5 years
- work permit and acceptance letter from previous employer

I also brought along but didn't submit:
- current employer contracts
- previous employer contract
- all payslips from current and previous employer
- P45 from previous employer

I gave the caseworker the originals of the above docs in one pile and photocopies in another pile, all itemised and separated by post-it notes for easy reference.

Overall the appointment was smooth, but the one sticking point was my caseworker originally insisted that she also needed an absence letter from my previous employer on the WP to go forward with my application. In my case, my previous employer went into administration and everyone was made redundant, so I would not have been able to produce such a letter. The issue went to a senior caseworker who allowed me to use my previous passports and entry/exit stamps as evidence. Based on how insistent my caseworker was for the letter, I would recommend to anyone in a situation like mine to bring additional evidence to show that your absences are allowed. This is why I brought my employment contract - to show the number of holidays allowed by previous employer if need be.

Liverpool PEO is a nice space, nowhere near as hectic as Croydon. My appointment was at 930am and I was the only person there for the first hour. My case was decided in an hour and fifteen minutes, probably because it was so quiet in there! One recommendation I have is to bring a book or newspaper, as they do not allow mobile phones or laptops to be used in the waiting area. I ended up sitting around staring at my caseworker, which just made me more nervous. I also recommend being very organised with your paperwork and prepared to show additional evidence if necessary.

Wishing everyone luck for their upcoming applications!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Set (O) success PEO Liverpool - WP + Tier 2

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 pm

beetles wrote:Overall the appointment was smooth, but the one sticking point was my caseworker originally insisted that she also needed an absence letter from my previous employer on the WP to go forward with my application. In my case, my previous employer went into administration and everyone was made redundant, so I would not have been able to produce such a letter. The issue went to a senior caseworker who allowed me to use my previous passports and entry/exit stamps as evidence. Based on how insistent my caseworker was for the letter, I would recommend to anyone in a situation like mine to bring additional evidence to show that your absences are allowed. This is why I brought my employment contract - to show the number of holidays allowed by previous employer if need be.
Congrat's beetles! This is the first case where I've seen the caseworker ask for an absence letter for the time period spent on a WP. I'm guessing it had to do with you applying as a Tier 2 applicant where you are required to submit an employer letter. However, it's good to know all ended well, I suspect because you were well prepared. All other cases I've seen posted here have been where applicants have applied as a T1G Migrant with some previous time as a WP Holder.

Thanks for sharing your informative experience, it will help others who are applying with a similar immigration background.

Subirajd
Newly Registered

Post by Subirajd » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 am

Congratulations beetles, Your info has been so useful. I am exactly in your situation ( WP ( 2008-2011 and Tier 2 ( 2011- 2014 ) where I will be applying in April 2013 and my previous employer under WP has gone into administration. I was not sure what the best way to show evidence besides the employer letter as required. I will prepare the contract letter and payslips during the the absences period.
Thank You

Subirajd
Newly Registered

Post by Subirajd » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm

May I ask which date did you use as your 5 years qualifying period since your visa is still valid till 2014. My situation is , visa valid date is 04/03/2008, entered UK on 03/04/2008. initial visa expiry date 04/03/2013. When I changed employer in Nov 2011,My current leave is valid till 01/12/2014. Would my qualifying period be 28 days from entry or visa valid date or only after 03/04/2013?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Subirajd wrote:May I ask which date did you use as your 5 years qualifying period since your visa is still valid till 2014. My situation is , visa valid date is 04/03/2008, entered UK on 03/04/2008. initial visa expiry date 04/03/2013. When I changed employer in Nov 2011,My current leave is valid till 01/12/2014. Would my qualifying period be 28 days from entry or visa valid date or only after 03/04/2013?
This depends on whether you switched immigration categories during your 5 year residence period. E.g. WP to T1G or T2G to T1G etc... If you didn't, then the 3 month late entry concession would apply to you and therefore you could consider the time between EC & date of first entry towards your 5 years (Meaning you could apply 28 days before the 5th anniversary from EC).

If you switched categories then calculate from the date of Entry instead.

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly?
Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly?
Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....