ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF4A- Appendix

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ugg-07
Newly Registered

VAF4A- Appendix

Post by ugg-07 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:43 am

Hi There,

I would really appreciate if anyone can help to understand which appendix to fill in the following scenario:

I have a baby born in India on 25.10.2012.
Mr & my wife both have ILR since 25.07.2011, I have got my British Citizenship on 05.12.2012
At the moment my wife is India with this new born baby and now to Apply for Settlement VISA for new born baby.

Query: While am filling up VAF4A form online, it says Appendix 1 for 'Adult dependent of settled person and not Child !! and for child its Appendix 2, but while look at physical Appendix 2 it doesn't give option to tick a box for Child of a settled person. I did ask query to VFS and they replied, its Appendix 2 to fill in !! I am really confused, what to do ?

Your quick response will be much appreciated.

Regards
GG

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 am

Appendix 1.
YOU SHOULD COMPLETE THIS FORM IF YOU WISH TO COME TO THE UK AS:
[...]
The child of settled parents or with one parent who has limited leave as a partner or parent granted under the Rules in force before 9 July 2012.
Never listen to well-intentioned but often completely incorrect advice of the functionaries who work at the VAC.

ugg-07
Newly Registered

Post by ugg-07 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 am

Thanks for reply

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:34 am

Hi,

Ive sent an email to Chennai UKBA team requesting them to suggest the appendix2 option to select for a child of settled parents. I'm waiting for their reply. In an email to me yesterday, they have clearly mentioned that its appendix2 that i need to submit for child of settled parents. Please go through the link : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 273#761273

Thanks,
Chandra Battini.

gowtham_k
Newly Registered

Hi ugg-07

Post by gowtham_k » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi ugg-07

Can you please share the documents check list , as i am planning to apply on 21 Jan for my child.

I am in the same confusion over Appx 1 or 2..

Thanks

Jhona Rae
Newly Registered

Re: VAF4A- Appendix

Post by Jhona Rae » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Hello,
"While am filling up VAF4A form online, it says Appendix 1 for 'Adult dependent of settled person and not Child !! and for child its Appendix 2, but while look at physical Appendix 2 it doesn't give option to tick a box for Child of a settled person. I did ask query to VFS and they replied, its Appendix 2 to fill in !! I am really confused, what to do ?

I am in th exact position as you were....
Please help me what appendix should I use. Really confused.
What happened to you, is happening to me right now. Please tell me what have you done.
Thank you very much. My child appointment at the UK embassy is fast approachin. I need answe ASAP...please

ugg-07 wrote:Hi There,

I would really appreciate if anyone can help to understand which appendix to fill in the following scenario:

I have a baby born in India on 25.10.2012.
Mr & my wife both have ILR since 25.07.2011, I have got my British Citizenship on 05.12.2012
At the moment my wife is India with this new born baby and now to Apply for Settlement VISA for new born baby.

Query: While am filling up VAF4A form online, it says Appendix 1 for 'Adult dependent of settled person and not Child !! and for child its Appendix 2, but while look at physical Appendix 2 it doesn't give option to tick a box for Child of a settled person. I did ask query to VFS and they replied, its Appendix 2 to fill in !! I am really confused, what to do ?

Regards
GG