ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time child passport applacation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john1978

First time child passport applacation

Post by john1978 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 am

hi to every one I want share story of my child pass app .I am british citizen father of my child my child was born in Iraq but now we live in Germany. I applied for first time child passport in Germany send to düsseldorf on 22 10 2012 after 1 week british consulate düsseldorf passport section send me letter to correct countersign on photo I done that send back and 2 weeks later I have received email to send them child current ID and original child birth certificate then send that and I have received email on 23 11 2012 asking me 2 Question 1 why u did not apply in Iraq 2 why you are applying now i did answer the question and email back then until last week hear nothings from them i did call the passport line information 3 times first time i give them all me and my child detail she say nothings on screen i well email them and to contact you nothings happened second time same things third time i give them all my detail she said they contact you in 3 working days today 09 01 2013 some one call me from british consulate düsseldorf passport ,after all that day and i have every things submit it .he say to me we send back to you your wifes passport you my need it, and we send all your document to Jordan Amman british counsoulat in Jordan ) how can i complain and who am i going to complain gays please help and sorry for long story thanx again

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:22 am

How old is the child?

I suspect the FCO are concerned as why an application for British passport is only applied now and not in the country of birh. They are using the consulate in Jordan to validate the documents you provided.

You got a bit unlucky as in October the process for applying for a passport from Germany has changed and now you apply directly to the IPS in the UK. IPS are normally quicker than FCO in issuing passports.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:27 am

Jambo wrote:How old is the child?

I suspect the FCO are concerned as why an application for British passport is only applied now and not in the country of birh. They are using the consulate in Jordan to validate the documents you provided.

You got a bit unlucky as in October the process for applying for a passport from Germany has changed and now you apply directly to the IPS in the UK. IPS are normally quicker than FCO in issuing passports.
thank you Jambo for fast replay that is good news for others to send app form to uk ,and my child is 16 month old

john1978

Post by john1978 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:33 pm

john1978 wrote:
Jambo wrote:How old is the child?

thank you Jambo for fast replay that is good news for others to send app form to uk ,and my child is 16 month old
just want up to date , now is 8 days latter i did not recive my wife passport and a letter from british consulate general düsseldorf as he said we going to send you. so i called british passport line help yeasetrday 16 01 2013 i gave them mine and my child details they say nothing come up on screen ,then i gave them my adderass and phone number ,so to day i was at work 17 01 2013 i have recevied voice mail from british consulate general düsseldorf a guy said i wondering if you can ring me on that phone number............ i was spok to same man be for he said all that things to me ,he said we have been inform by ips to no sending your child pass a form to jordan yets ,and we have been inform by ips to held your passport application, and we send you back your wife passport next week and any up date we let you now .i dont now really guys what to do about it. thankx guys

john1978

Post by john1978 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:53 pm

up to date story again ,I have been told by general British embassy in Düsseldorf(Germany) they send my doc and my child application to Uk Liverpool ,and they have send back my Wife passport as they said she can travel ,since last year October i have applied for my first child passport ,don't now how long to take ,

john1978

Post by john1978 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:12 pm

up to date story. I have had complained on 16 01 2013 respond on 30 01 2013,Dear Mr ......

Thank you for your email of 16 January. I am sorry for the delay in processing your daughter’s application. I am making enquiries into her case and will contact you again when I have further information.

Yours sincerely,

john1978

Post by john1978 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:10 pm

please please I really do need lawyer about my daughter first passport any one now a good lawyer in uk ,I cant i can't deal with ips any more they drive me crazy please help thank you very much

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:40 pm

john1978 wrote:hello to all. please I need help I have received email from IPS UK

I had apply first time child passport ap. for my child.

here is a message

In addition to the documents that you have now submitted we also require both parents written consent to the requested name of (my child). The letter must be signed and dated by both parents.

my question is how do I do that

thank you very much for your help

best regards
john
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:43 pm

They want both parents to give written consent by signing the Passport application form; or
by writing and both signing a letter of consent.

Where is the other parent?
Do you have sole responsibility?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:55 pm

thank you very much vinny for reply , we both live in Germany .I don't now what we have to write please if you can help us and we marred in Iraq before child birth thank you again

yes they asking for writing and both signing a letter of consent. but we don't now how to writing .

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Actually, if you are married to your child's other parent, then I don't understand why they are asking for both parents' consent.
Guidance Notes wrote:Parental responsibility
A child under 16
must have permission from a person with parental responsibility. If a child’s parents are married, either parent can give permission if they were:

married at the time of the child’s birth (or, for those living in Scotland, when the mother became pregnant), or

married at any time after the child’s birth.
Anyway, perhaps you can write:

I, (father's name), give my permission for my child, (child's name), to apply for a British Passport.

(father sign)
(date)

I, (mother's name), give my permission for my child, (child's name), to apply for a British Passport.

(mother sign)
(date)

john1978

Post by john1978 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanx a lot Vinny ,

I don't understand why they are asking for both parents' consent.

it is very long story.

we will write a letter and sign it we send back.

thank you very much Vinny

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Another option is to withdraw the application and re-apply. Applicants from Germany are now made directly to IPS in the UK. IPS would probably not give you so much headache as FCO.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Thanx jambo for your advice

short story.

I did apply first in Germany after 2 month they told me we send your child f passport app to Jordan because she was born in Iraq.then they say oh no we have information form uk ips we hold your app ,I did say for how long ?they said time being, then they said oh no we send to uk Liverpool .so my first time child passport in uk now yes they have already give me too much headache they ask for family photograph I have send them 58 photo of my wife when she was pregnant and child when she was very small with me and her mum and facebook to look all my photo in there about 1250 photos of my familey

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:52 pm

I would complain again to the consulate, FCO and IPS. 4 months for a child passport application is a joke.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:57 pm

I have already did to Feedback.passportservices@fco.gov.ukFeedback.passportservices@fco.gov.uk

first
respond

Thank you for your email of 16 January. I am sorry for the delay in processing your daughter’s application. I am making enquiries into her case and will contact you again when I have further information.

second respond

Further to my email below of 30 January, I can confirm that your daughter’s application is being processed at the Liverpool Passport Office. I understand that an examiner from that office has contacted you this morning (1 March) to discuss the progress of the application.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:08 pm

OK. From the sounds of it, it seems that once you write a letter of consent, they will issue the passport.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 pm

thanx jambo

I do hope so.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:40 pm

today i have received email from ips liverpool.

Thank you for your reply

i can confirm that i have received your documents. the application is currently under going checks.

i dont now why is take so long time first time child pass a . i have had complained 2 times dose not make any things really

john1978

Post by john1978 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 am

updating

on 18.03.2013 I have send email to IPS UK Liverpool .I did ask how long is take passport application to process. and I have told them I did apply since last year october .and I want complain.

on19.03.2013 received email from ips uk Liverpool

Thank you for your recent email reply

I write to advise that I am not able to give a timescale for your application.As stated previously the application is currently under going checks.
please note this email address is not to be used for general enquiries.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:18 am

list of the documents i have submitted
1.first child passport application form
2.copy fo my passport as i am british
3.nationalsation certificat
4.my wife iraqi passport.
5.my child iraqi passport.
6.1 payslips
7.letter from housing society of munchen
8.iraqi and german child birth record
9.previous email about relationship
10.photograph
11.countersignature copy of passport. and letter from countersignature as uk ips ask for it
12. i have give them my facebooke to go through the all my babies photography since she was born
13.paid by credit last year october
14.iraqi marriage certificat translated to english
15.iraqi child birth certificate translated to english
16.our saving bank account
apply for first child british passport have i missed something else to send or usually take that long

john1978

Post by john1978 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:42 pm

updating

i did coplaint again.

respond from ips newport.

Mr .....Thank you for your query. I have checked our records and can confirm that your daughter's application is currently undergoing routine checks to confirm her nationality and identity. Until these are complete, we will be unable to issue her with a passport. Our checks are in place to protect the individual applicant's identity and to preserve the integrity of the British .

john1978

Post by john1978 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:01 pm

updating.
today i have contact ips uk liverpool ask for stutas of my first child passport application.i have complaint 3 times already..

ips respond email.

Good afternoon,

Your passport application is undergoing some routine security checks and as a result at the moment I am unable to give you a time frame for issue.

I would advise that if you have not heard from us in a week or so to call us back as we may be able to advise you further.

Thank you,

john1978

Post by john1978 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Updating....
Today I have had contact uk Ips asking about my child first passport application status and then they said we call you back and they have did and said to me ,you will receive letter in next few days for interview.i have said I am living in Germany I cant come to uk and she said no you go for interview in Germany..

john1978

Post by john1978 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:24 pm

updating
hi. I have applied first british passport for my child last yearsOctober .who was born in Iraq but now we are live in Germany .still I am waiting.they keep saying your child application going under security check.