ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) or tier 1 General dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

splashing

FLR (M) or tier 1 General dependant

Post by splashing » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:23 pm

Hil all,

apologies but am a bit confused and i hear different stories. can pple with such experiences or knowldege please advise.

My question is i am confused on which application my husband should go for.

my details :
me (Main applicant) currently on tier 1 general and visa runs out 22nd jan 2013 to apply for my ILR by fri.

Husband - we got married in march 2011,
dependant on my tier 1 visa granted in July 2011 and visa expires 22nd jan 2013.
entered UK in July 2011.

now he is due to renew his visa (Currently on tier 1 general dependant) and based on the fact that he has not spent 2 years

my questions goes thus:

(1)What should he apply for - FLR(M) or tier 1 PBS dependant

(2) if FLR (M) do we need to meet the financial requirement or just the maintenane fund.

Pls advise

Many thanks

splashing

Post by splashing » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Please help .

i need advise.

Moderators, gurus pls help out

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: FLR (M) or tier 1 General dependant

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 pm

splashing wrote:Hil all,

apologies but am a bit confused and i hear different stories. can pple with such experiences or knowldege please advise.

my details :
me (Main applicant) currently on tier 1 general and visa runs out 22nd jan 2013 to apply for my ILR by fri.

dependant on my tier 1 visa granted in July 2011 and visa expires 22nd jan 2013.
entered UK in July 2011.

now he is due to renew his visa (Currently on tier 1 general dependant) and based on the fact that he has not spent 2 years

my questions goes thus:

(1)What should he apply for - FLR(M) or tier 1 PBS dependant FLR(M)

(2) if FLR (M) do we need to meet the financial requirement or just the maintenane fund.

As he got original visa before July 2012 so only Maintenance Fund requirement needs to be met

Pls advise

Many thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:37 pm

innocentdevil wrote:

my details :

entered UK in July 2011.

my questions goes thus:

(1)What should he apply for - FLR(M) or tier 1 PBS dependant FLR(M)

As he got original visa before July 2012 so only Maintenance Fund requirement needs to be met

Pls advise

Many thanks
Could it rather be T1 PBS Dependent?

my paraphrase of rules - "if PBS Dependent does not qualify for the same as PBS Migrant for settlement, and if the PBS Dependent's current leave expires prior to her reaching settlement qualification, the dependent can apply for extension using PBS Dependent form."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Ardeshir_76
Newly Registered

Post by Ardeshir_76 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 pm

my questions goes thus:

(1)What should he apply for - FLR(M) or tier 1 PBS dependant

Pls advise

Many thanks
Hi

I have just got my ILR at Solihull. I was applying for ILR through Tier-1 General route. My wife was issued Tier-1 Dependent visa in June-2012. I was reading this forum and people were suggested that someone who was applying for ILR can apply dependent visa by using FLR(M).

But it is totally wrong as I was nearly ruin my appointment. I reached at solihull with my wife at 9.30. My appointment was 10 am and my wife's appointment was 11am. Guy at the front desk checked my form then my wife's form. He said that your wife needed Tier-1 (General) dependent form not FLR(M). I explained and spit out all the information which I read but guy confirmed one of the PEO staff that she required Tier -1 General dependent form. Then I rushed to the library took the print out and come to PEO 5 minutes before my appointment. Luckly, my number was called 15 minutes later by than I filled half the form. Then I went to the counter. After my appointment, while I was waiting my Biometric I filled rest of the form.
Basically, I was so disturb with all this confusion. At the end, I got ILR approval letter, my wife got another 2 year extension. PEO, officer told me that she will apply ILR next year (2014) by using SET(O) form.

So I hope this is the answer of your question. But if you are still not sure then take both forms with you. PEO will decide which one they need to proceed.

splashing

Post by splashing » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 am

Great Ardeshir_76.

Many thanks for your response. also thanks for sharing ur experience. My spouse should better fill the two forms and take then with him

One more queston pls.

did u book FLR (M) appoitnment for your spouse while booking for her?

Reason for asking this is that, i already booked FLR (M) appointment for my spouse and i hope they wont turn him down if he gets there and say he is now applying for Tier 1 PBS dependant.

Being tring to book another appointment for tier 1 pbs dependant before jan 22nd whne his visa expires but cant get any one.

Please help out.

Ardeshir_76
Newly Registered

Post by Ardeshir_76 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 pm

splashing wrote:Great Ardeshir_76.

Many thanks for your response. also thanks for sharing ur experience. My spouse should better fill the two forms and take then with him

One more queston pls.

did u book FLR (M) appoitnment for your spouse while booking for her?

Reason for asking this is that, i already booked FLR (M) appointment for my spouse and i hope they wont turn him down if he gets there and say he is now applying for Tier 1 PBS dependant.

Being tring to book another appointment for tier 1 pbs dependant before jan 22nd whne his visa expires but cant get any one.

Please help out.
:lol:

Hi

Yes I booked FLR(m) for my wife but it would be fine. They will accept the same appointment. I hope this will help

rajgan
Newly Registered

Pls help..

Post by rajgan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Ardeshir_76

I am in similar situation.. My wife got tier 1 dep visa under rules after 9th july 2012..

I am applying for ILR next week and her visa expires next year march 2014..

So
1. Do I need to apply for her flr m visa now..
2. If no Can she travel out of country with her current Tier 1 dependent visa..
3. I know she has to complete 5 years so how long she will get her visa extension..
4. If I can extend her visa under tier 1 PBS dep..Do you know where I can find the form
5. Finally after her 5 years completion period under what form she has to apply for ILR - set O?

Thanks in advance..

cheers
Raja