ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Explanation needed @ Points awarded for maintenance!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grampian
Newly Registered

Explanation needed @ Points awarded for maintenance!

Post by grampian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi all,

I am a newbie here. I would appreciate if anyone can help me on this.

I am on PSW visa now and have one more year visa validity. I found an employer who would like to sponsor me. The company's license expires on 5/04/2013. They got a mail two days ago from UKBA to confirm their license expiry date. I didn't maintain £900 balance in my savings account for 90 days. At the moment I can't maintain as it's less than 90 days to use license valid date or to apply before 05/04/2013. The company has TIER 2A rated sponsorship license. (I believe the company can renew their license for next financial year and can sponsor me. Am I correct?).

I have come across the below paragraph when I read the policy document but I couldn't understand what it means.

"your A-rated (Premium), A-rated Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME+) or A-rated
sponsor certifies on the Certificate of Sponsorship that they will maintain and accommodate
you up to the end of your first month of employment in the UK if required. Your sponsor may
limit the amount of the undertaking but any limit must be at least £900;"

I am a pharmacist and working for my employer as a locum than an employee. I would be grateful if anyone can explain how to use the above option and how my employer can provide a statement.

Regards

Grampian.

Bijoux24

Post by Bijoux24 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi.. Im no expert but I believe .. Your employer has to specify on your COS that they will sponsor (perhaps tick a box during the COS application) and maybe specify an amount no less than £900

grampian
Newly Registered

Post by grampian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:21 pm

To be honest with you, I did not see COS form but I will find out if it has any option to say that they can tick a box to say that they can provide £900 for maintenance.

It would be great if I can hear senior moderators thoughts on this issue.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:05 pm

grampian wrote:To be honest with you, I did not see COS form but I will find out if it has any option to say that they can tick a box to say that they can provide £900 for maintenance.

It would be great if I can hear senior moderators thoughts on this issue.
your employer can just say they are taking care of maintenance. they don't have to show anything. on the online system where they issue CoS's they just have to tick a checkbox. that's all. no amount to specify or anything.

Good luck :)

grampian
Newly Registered

Post by grampian » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Thank you very much hashmil.

I will let you know the result soon.

grampian
Newly Registered

Post by grampian » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:55 am

Hi All,

It is very long description down here but I would like to cross check with you regarding my application and can you suggest if I need any changes in my application.

At the moment 1, I am on PSW so I believe I get 30 points.

2, my SOC code is 1182 and job description is pharmacy manager and I will be paid £41000 per year. I work 40 hours a week. I assume It is above the minimum salary they mentioned in job category.

according to SOC 1182, I need to get £37996 per 37.5 hours a week. That comes to £19.48 per hour. My specifications in COS comes to 41000 per 40 hours a week. It comes to £19.71 per hour.

Am I correct?

3, I did my degree from UK uni so I can say I am eligible for minimum english language ability. I will provide my UK degree certificate as evidence.

4, I am maintaining £900 in my account now and I would like to apply for my visa in September or November. My visa is valid till early next year. I don't want to waste my visa validity.

I am worried on License issue as my employer's license expires in November and They need to renew it.

My employer wants me to apply before November. Do you guys know how long does it take to renew?

Does it make any difference if I apply before this 4 April in terms of length of stay or any other rules?

My employer is sponsoring for the first time and I do not want to take risk by making silly mistakes while applying.

Is there any chance I can look for information on how to fill online COS allocation form.

Finally, Would you recommend any solicitors who can put their name at stake and make our application successful?

Personally, I believe apart from COS allocation all other documents seem correct to me. Can you please tell me if I miss out anything.

I appreciate all your valuable suggestions.

Regards

Grampian.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Dude, my advice, apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I did the same mistake and waited till late. as a result got caught to all the sponsor license registration delays, plus my visa got refused (being sorted now - UKBA made a mistake, and have accepted the mistake and reviewing my application as we speak) and a lot of nonsense. If you apply earlier, even if things go wrong you will still have time to re-apply or fix your errors.

And from the information you've provided it looks strightforward, so i'd say go for it.

from what you asked:

1. Yes.

2. Double check salary, best to recalculate how much your current salary is for per hour based on 37.5 hours/week. And IMPORTANT - make sure your job is a NQF 6 job. If not YOU WILL BE REFUSED. I can't stress this fact enough.

3. Yes. Send original certificates (and transcript if you have it).

4. You are not wasting your visa validity. It's best to get a Tier 2 now than later, especially if you are considering to get ILR later. PSW doesn't count int for the ILR requirements. If you don't have the £900 for 3 months, then ask your employer to tick a checkbox on the CoS they will be issuing you to say that they will take care of this. (they don't have to show any evidence for this. just tick a check box).

I am not aware about the renewals, i assume it's a quick process if your employer is already registered. It's a matter of paying a fee and refreshing status. I wouldn't worry about that, that's something your employer should take care of regardless of your application.

I have always done my application via post. (recorded delivery) Not sure about online.

Getting a solicitor is up to you. It can be pointless as it looks as if you have a straightfoward application.

And i don't think there will be an issue with CoS allocation. There IS NO allocation necessary because you are switching from PSW to Tier 2 General. Therefor your CoS will be an UNRESTRICTED COS. These don't apply to the yearly limit.

Also, spend a weekend or something familiarising yourself with the UKBA website. they have almost everything you need to know. Download the TIER 2 Policy Guidelines PDF from the site, and have a read. Also read through the immigration rules, which are also the website. I think it's Appendix A. But yeah, just familiarise yourself. This is because the UKBA can talk to up, they make mistakes too. Like in my case. They had refused mine, and luckily i had read the immigration rules and realised they had missed a part of it. Because of this i got to get in touch with them and have them to reconsider it without an extra cost. Luckily they have even admitted they have made a mistake.

Just. do. it. now.

grampian wrote:Hi All,

It is very long description down here but I would like to cross check with you regarding my application and can you suggest if I need any changes in my application.

At the moment 1, I am on PSW so I believe I get 30 points.

2, my SOC code is 1182 and job description is pharmacy manager and I will be paid £41000 per year. I work 40 hours a week. I assume It is above the minimum salary they mentioned in job category.

according to SOC 1182, I need to get £37996 per 37.5 hours a week. That comes to £19.48 per hour. My specifications in COS comes to 41000 per 40 hours a week. It comes to £19.71 per hour.

Am I correct?

3, I did my degree from UK uni so I can say I am eligible for minimum english language ability. I will provide my UK degree certificate as evidence.

4, I am maintaining £900 in my account now and I would like to apply for my visa in September or November. My visa is valid till early next year. I don't want to waste my visa validity.

I am worried on License issue as my employer's license expires in November and They need to renew it.

My employer wants me to apply before November. Do you guys know how long does it take to renew?

Does it make any difference if I apply before this 4 April in terms of length of stay or any other rules?

My employer is sponsoring for the first time and I do not want to take risk by making silly mistakes while applying.

Is there any chance I can look for information on how to fill online COS allocation form.

Finally, Would you recommend any solicitors who can put their name at stake and make our application successful?

Personally, I believe apart from COS allocation all other documents seem correct to me. Can you please tell me if I miss out anything.

I appreciate all your valuable suggestions.

Regards

Grampian.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:14 pm

The sponsor states on the CoS whether they are certifying maintenance for you or not. They don't need to write a letter. There's a box to tick on the CoS. They need to tell you whether they ticked it or not, and preferably give you a full screenshot or printout of the CoS.