ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anish18sudhakar
Newly Registered

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Post by anish18sudhakar » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:39 pm

Hey everybody just had a small question I've just completed my degree and I wanna go back and do my alevels would it be possible to get a visa extension for doing a levels after doing a degree or would i likely get a rejections. The reason i would like to do my alevels is because i goofed up in college too much when i was younger and only came out with two a levels and got a c and d at that which does not look very good if anyone can tell me whether my application for student visa will be valid or not it will be a very big help

Kantaloobi
Newly Registered

Post by Kantaloobi » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:46 am

My friend....going back to do A levels sound very strange. If you thought that u messed up during your A level days, why didnt u make up for it at uni? What did u get in your degree? When u apply for a job, they will look at your university qualification more than your A levels.

anish18sudhakar
Newly Registered

Post by anish18sudhakar » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:02 am

I got a 2.1 but its from uel the lowest of universities and most employers want a lot of ucas points as well now so i want to go back and do them i'm actually thinking of doing a btec national diploma so what is the chance of my visa application being rejected.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:15 am

anish18sudhakar wrote:I got a 2.1 but its from uel the lowest of universities and most employers want a lot of ucas points as well now so i want to go back and do them i'm actually thinking of doing a btec national diploma so what is the chance of my visa application being rejected.
No one is going to buy your plans - definite refusal (all these tricks have been tried by many people)....

...I used to hear of people deliberatley failing exams so that they can repeat the years and extend their visas- thus acquiring long residence status...in addition to repeating years, tnhey also took 'years out'......

...good luck with your attempt at 'beating' the system :lol:
Where there is a will there is a way.

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:49 am

As Chess said - No chance and waste of £155 / £250.

Student visas became a very sensitive issue for the IND as there is an immense political pressure surrounding them.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>