ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa deportation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

icetort2012
Newly Registered

student visa deportation

Post by icetort2012 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:26 am

Hello please i need an advice my brother has overstay his student visa the visa expiry in september 2012 and he was arrested yesterday in his friend car and he was taking to Gatwick Aiport at Tinsley detention centre is there any hope if we try and get a lawyer involve. Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: student visa deportation

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:41 am

icetort2012 wrote:is there any hope?
What are you hoping for? We don't know anything about him so there is no viable answer to be had from this forum. By all means hire a lawyer and take the advice of that person once he has spoken to your Brother and learnt all there is to know about his situation.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

studio123
Newly Registered

Post by studio123 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:17 pm

icetort2012 wrote:Hello please i need an advice my brother has overstay his student visa the visa expiry in september 2012 and he was arrested yesterday in his friend car and he was taking to Gatwick Aiport at Tinsley detention centre is there any hope if we try and get a lawyer involve. Thanks
why he didn't he renew or apply any visa. chances are slim. he might have to go back and never come back, they will give him access to lawyers so he can speak and get advice

icetort2012
Newly Registered

Post by icetort2012 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:28 pm

He came to the uk in 2009 with a 3 years Student visa which expiry in 2012 september he only went to school in the first year of his student visa and then he has be working full. He said to me he has gotten a school which will collect money from him to cover up for those period he has not be going to school (Guess everyong understand what student does in those days) But to my surprsie he was lying to me, He never send his document to the Home Office he was caught on Tuesday afternoon and taking to Gatwick detention centre.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:34 pm

His removal is imminent. By all means seek professional help if you wish. I don't know what arguments a lawyer could make for him to be permitted to remain in the UK; there appear to be none.

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:09 pm

icetort2012 wrote:He came to the uk in 2009 with a 3 years Student visa which expiry in 2012 september he only went to school in the first year of his student visa and then he has be working full. He said to me he has gotten a school which will collect money from him to cover up for those period he has not be going to school (Guess everyong understand what student does in those days) But to my surprsie he was lying to me, He never send his document to the Home Office he was caught on Tuesday afternoon and taking to Gatwick detention centre.
Its a shame that he behaved like that but the way UKBA are dealing with immigration these days , he is going to be deported and its all his fault because why didn't he just tell you the truth or extend his visa ? Its not looking good , is it ?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:08 pm

icetort2012 wrote:Hello please i need an advice my brother has overstay his student visa the visa expiry in september 2012 and he was arrested yesterday in his friend car and he was taking to Gatwick Aiport at Tinsley detention centre is there any hope if we try and get a lawyer involve. Thanks
Any update on this your cousin's case?
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.