ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what are the pros of applying by post compared to by PEO?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranh

what are the pros of applying by post compared to by PEO?

Post by imranh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 am

Hi Everyone

One useful discussion which as far as I am aware has not taken place so far in the forum for members would be with regards to the pros and cons of applying by post as compared to applying by PEO.

So in my case where I think my wife's ILR application is quite straightforward as in we have the required documentation and also no complexities. It appears that as I have the funds to pay for the PEO appointment, it seems to make perfect sense to apply via PEO and incur the extra costs for a quick decision and peace of mind.

If your case is straightforward and you have the financial means- surely applying by PEO would be better as opposed to applying by post.

I am trying to think of advantages of applying by post over PEO and I cant think of any - although applying by post is cheaper - its takes much longer and you will be without some important documentation.

what are the advantages of applying by post compared to PEO???

Many Thanks
Kind Regards

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 am

None unless the case is very complicated I think!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 pm

PEO - usually people go to PEO with bag full of documents. If required or asked for, and if you have brought it with you, you can produce it immediately.

Postal - you send what you think is required. If any more documents or clarification is required, you will not know until asked for until when your case is processed.

PEO - you can plan better. If your application is refused and if you still have a valid leave remaining, you can pursue alternate avenues.

Postal - by the time you have heard anything your leave may have expired, and are now on C3 leave. If your application is refused and if you are on C3 leave, your options are limited, although you (may) have option to appeal.

PEO costs more, but the subsequent costs if something were to go wrong with Postal application could easily surpass the savings made with postal application.

And to dispell one myth about using solicitors/reps - with postal applications, there will be no 'face to face' required in most cases, thus removing any opportunity for the solicitor/rep to add any value to your application besides drafting cover letters etc. The reverse is true for PEO applications.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 pm