ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do you organise your ILR documents?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stokbrig

How do you organise your ILR documents?

Post by stokbrig » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi Guys,
It would be really helpful for the caseworker if the documents are well organized when applying for ILR.
I would appreciate any suggestion in this matter.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Here's the most important one:
Don't - attach originals and copies together
Do - make a copy of everything (except blank pages) you are submitting.

Note: it is not necessary to copy every page of your bank statement - just the pages showing salary paid in, and the front page with your name/address/account number.

Your document organization can follow the form you are using:

Form/Passport/Photos
If required - Employer SOC letter
Your payslips or similar
Bank statements to correspond with the above payslips or similar
It certainly helps CW if you highlight the entries showing your pays in bank statement.

Absences

T1 related _ i am unfamiliar on this, but I would imagine there would be a few pages to submit here

Cohab if required - in my own case, I made 3 separate piles of cohab, (i) joint names, (ii) my names only, (iii) dependent names only. I kindly asked the CW which pile she wanted, (Joint names), handed her the lot, and she pulled 3 out (Insurance statement, Mortgage statement, Council tax bill). BTW it was WP 5 yr route.

Note: Photocopies of documents for cohab could only be the first page of the letter/statements showing name/address, unless it is a signed 'official' letter, in which case all pages.

Number all docs/pages (except passport, appli form) in a sequence before copying. Carry a 'table of contents' along with you. Instead of fiddling with your paperwork, you can refer to the table of contents and pull out the exact document asked for.

No fancy folders/binders etc.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Bildor

Post by Bildor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Based on some of the experiences people have posted, my understanding is that some case workers ask for the documents they need.

My advice will be to put them all in a well-indexed folder so you can easily trace any document that is asked for (worst case scenario)

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:00 am

Many thanks for your responses.
Could you please advise on the best method for filing documents and what kind of file should be used.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:24 pm

For absences, it has been suggested to me to take a spreadsheet showing departure date, arrival back in UK date, absence days, reason, and (if you can) passport page numbers showing stamps.