ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

just arrived in the UK and am sick. ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yamcheka

just arrived in the UK and am sick. ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

Post by yamcheka » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 am

no health insurance, no job, no national insurance number yet. my husband is an EEA national, how can i get help without spending money?
Never give up!

majeed
Newly Registered

On a 27-month spouse visa

Post by majeed » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:29 pm

My partner just came over to the UK on a 27-month spouse visa. As she had a 27-month visa, the finance department of the local NHS hospital said her medical care is free until her visa expires. They also said that A&E treament is free around the world.

majeed
Newly Registered

Re: just arrived in the UK and am sick. ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

Post by majeed » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:32 pm

yamcheka wrote:no health insurance, no job, no national insurance number yet. my husband is an EEA national, how can i get help without spending money?
You might also try the Migrants' Rights Network which had been set up for people just like you in the UK:

http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/aboutus/P ... actus.aspx

Hope you get well soon.

jojybaba

Re: just arrived in the UK and am sick. ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

Post by jojybaba » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:44 pm

My wife also came recently and received hospital letter,asking for Payment or to come to show visa,we been on nhs account section They told,now ok but we have to show them visa extension once we have

karl2603
Newly Registered

Post by karl2603 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:43 pm

Accident and emergency treatment in the UK should be free as far as I know . I am sorry to have replied to this post late, as I could have inquired about the status of this with this. if you are lawfully entitled to be in the UK and usually live here then you can get free treatment. There must be certain treatments which you can get for free and others which are possibly against payment. I am not sure. I have found this which might help

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/h ... abroad.htm